New Tumi pouch

Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:57 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could it be the PS amenity kit, distributed in D1 by mistake?

I just got another of the hard sided ones. Bad idea.
IIRC, Delta has alternated soft/hard shell kits East/West for years.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 4:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Could it be the PS amenity kit, distributed in D1 by mistake?

I just got another of the hard sided ones. Bad idea.
No, it's a D1 kit, announced here:

https://news.delta.com/fine-fragranc...i-amenity-kits

Indeed the earplugs and tissues are no longer provided.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
No, it's a D1 kit, announced here:

https://news.delta.com/fine-fragranc...i-amenity-kits

Indeed the earplugs and tissues are no longer provided.
Why would the remove earplugs from the D1 & PS kit? Are they claiming that noise only comes from delta comfort or *GASP* Main cabin? I think that decision is not very well thought out.
if I have this upgraded kit on my next D1 trip I'll be sure to ask for an additional main cabin kit. I need/want the ear plugs because no I don't carry around my own.
CPMaverick likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
It's hard to believe, but I think the missing earplugs might be an oversight that no one seemed to notice. Seems like it would be pretty easy to rectify by providing the crews with plenty to hand out until they get them added back into the kits. Even with the worlds best noise cancelling headphones, a lot of people like myself don't like to sleep with them on because of their bulk.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by TuxTom
It's hard to believe, but I think the missing earplugs might be an oversight that no one seemed to notice. Seems like it would be pretty easy to rectify by providing the crews with plenty to hand out until they get them added back into the kits. Even with the worlds best noise cancelling headphones, a lot of people like myself don't like to sleep with them on because of their bulk.
And Delta's LSTN noise canceling headphones are far from the best...
BamaGirl likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by rucksack
And Delta's LSTN noise canceling headphones are far from the best...
Even with Bose on AA or my personal set, it isn't always easy to sleep with over-ear headphones. I will say though that the earplugs from DL were far from the best too, but I'm spoiled by the ones in our labs.

I think DL should start handing out ear plugs and fix this. Might as well send an email, you never know if it will reach the right hands!
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Gig103
Even with Bose on AA or my personal set, it isn't always easy to sleep with over-ear headphones. I will say though that the earplugs from DL were far from the best too, but I'm spoiled by the ones in our labs.

I think DL should start handing out ear plugs and fix this. Might as well send an email, you never know if it will reach the right hands!
Agree. I love my Sony NC headphones but no way can I sleep with them on.

I also like the earlier idea of requesting an extra C+ or MC kit if needed. Good backup if you forget to bring your own.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Does anyone know when these will be rolled out across the board? I remember reading somewhere that they'll introduce them on JFK flights in the summer and then everywhere else in the fall. Unfortunately, I cant remember or find that source.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
The only timing I've seen is from the official DL press release linked in an earlier post.

LE LABO is making its way into new Delta One TUMI amenity kits this month, and to more than 50 Delta Sky Clubs later this year, as part of Delta's new partnership with the artisanal fragrance brand. ​​​​​​
Old Jun 22, 2019, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM
I think the missing earplugs and tissues are because of DL's efforts to reduce plastic packaging.
gooselee and Tonia like this.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 6:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
my flight last week from JFK to Paris had the earplugs. I tossed the tumi as find no use for it
Old Jun 22, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
I think the missing earplugs and tissues are because of DL's efforts to reduce plastic packaging.
The press release only refers to removing the outer plastic packaging that used to be around the kit. I think removing the earplugs must be an oversight because if it was an issue of sustainability, Delta would more readily remove them from Main Cabin than Delta One or Premium Select.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by Gig103
Which kind are the earplugs you like so much?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, AA-Gold, DL-Plat
Oh that's a great use of them! I was wondering what useful ways I could use them
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by sethb
Which kind are the earplugs you like so much?
I had to wait until work to check. "Howard Leight by Honeywell - Max". They have an NRR (noise reduction rating) of 33. They are a foam that you compress before inserting and they expand back out to fill your ear canal, so they fit and work way better than what DL was giving away. But that doesn't change the convenience of it being in a kit!
Zeeb likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.