Search

New Tumi pouch

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM PM
New Tumi pouch

On this evening's JFK - CDG flight:

Rather like the AF pouch, soft and sleek. New lotions and potions from Le Labo, nicer than the Kiehl stuff imho. Pen is purple like the DL uniforms. Missing the earplugs, fortunately brought my own.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:28 am

Programs: SPG Plat
That’s a huge improvement from the mini suitcases marred by the cheap/terrible zippers..
cre95, MarkCron and WillBarrett_68 like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
Originally Posted by silverforumsurf
That’s a huge improvement from the mini suitcases marred by the cheap/terrible zippers..
Yeah, the hard case is not space efficient and the sewing of the zippers are very poorly done.
cre95, MSPeconomist and Tine Rod like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
I wish I would have gotten that amenity case instead of the hard case MSP-ICN on Sunday. I asked the flight attendant about them and she said she’d never seen one onboard.
Tine Rod likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I hate the hard cases because theytake so much space. It's unrealistic to expect passengers to have room to add them to a carry on bag.
jaimemayo and wlau like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Nice! Hoping for one of the new ones on ATL-CDG in a couple weeks.

I always carry spare earplugs in my briefcase.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gooselee
Nice! Hoping for one of the new ones on ATL-CDG in a couple weeks.

I always carry spare earplugs in my briefcase.
Me too! It's an essential of work travel and sleeping in hotels... but thought I'd warn people in case this lapse is deliberate and a sign that DL won't be providing them anymore.
gooselee likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
On what routes do the Tumi bags occur? All INTL? All Delta One?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:30 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
That looks more like what I'd expect for a domestic transcon or PS! If this was the D1 pouch, was it really just a bag and two lotions and a pen? Or did you just not photograph the unchanged products (mask, toothbrush, tissues, socks, mouthwash)? Was it missing earplugs or are they no longer included?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
That’s my confusion... This looks like a domestic product, at best, and even somewhat limited.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by wlau
Yeah, the hard case is not space efficient and the sewing of the zippers are very poorly done.
Totally agree. But I like them because they are great for packing my granola bars to keep them from being broken. (Geez, doesn't that sound like a ringing endorsement?)

No earplugs in the new kits is a major error. I can't imagine that they cost that much.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by ecaarch
Totally agree. But I like them because they are great for packing my granola bars to keep them from being broken. (Geez, doesn't that sound like a ringing endorsement?)

No earplugs in the new kits is a major error. I can't imagine that they cost that much.
That's a great idea. I have been keeping my granola bars crumbs in a Ziploc bag, but when they go from backpack to computer bag to other mode of transport, they have a rough go.

When I saw the press release, I did notice that earplugs were a notable omission from the D1 kit, but figured it was just forgotten or not important enough. Guess they assume the headphones suffice. I am sure you could always ask for one of the Y amenity kits that have them - there has got to be spares lying around.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gig103
That looks more like what I'd expect for a domestic transcon or PS! If this was the D1 pouch, was it really just a bag and two lotions and a pen? Or did you just not photograph the unchanged products (mask, toothbrush, tissues, socks, mouthwash)? Was it missing earplugs or are they no longer included?
Ah sorry, I didn't bother snapping the unchanged products (toothpaste, toothbrush, eye covers mouthwash, socks, hand sanitizer) but noted the missing earplugs. The sock stripes had the new plum color scheme. Now that you mention it, there were no tissues either. It's D1.
aquamarinesteph likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:32 am

Programs: DL 2 MM Unobtainum | UA 1.1MM Gold | MR Bonvoy Titanium
I have to say I am a big fan of the improved offerings with Le Labo onboard!

YMMV but I really like different Tumi amenity kit sizes as I can store Cigars or Scotch in them for different purposes.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 2:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cfabar1
That’s my confusion... This looks like a domestic product, at best, and even somewhat limited.
Could it be the PS amenity kit, distributed in D1 by mistake?

I just got another of the hard sided ones. Bad idea.
itsaboutthejourney likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.