Community
Wiki Posts
Search

delta.com and app are broken

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
Not to get too OT, but I've had GAs type what seemed like my sequence number on a couple occasions when my BP wasn't working.

Is the sequence number a valid way to identify yourself for boarding?
AFAIK the sequence number only indicates whether you checked in first, second, etc. for your flight. [It can be fun to observe the number you get when you check in early, especially with some connecting flights, or late.] This would be a shorthand to identify you in the context of a specific flight.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:31 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Is it better yet? Any recent reports from the wild? Will DL hubs be a mess tomorrow?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
delta.com and app are broken

Seriously people. Check for previous posts!
While I agree with you in general, the two threads here were started 8 minutes apart, which if you had the main forum page open already and didn't refresh it right away, is understandable so I'm inclined to cut a bit of slack in this case...

Originally Posted by jrl767

I’ve used the little red “Alert a Moderator” button twice already to request a merge (once in each thread) ...
I suggested a merge via the mod button this morning as well.

I noticed a week or two ago that we are now down to only 2 mods in the DL forum, and no doubt they have busy lives outside of FT, so who knows when/if it will get acted on.
strickerj and defrosted like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:00 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by HDQDD
ATL now on a groundstop for Delta only.

Automated weight and balance systems aren’t working either which is going to make things a lot worse.
Yes, our pilot made an announcement that they had to do this manually which conjured up very funny images in my mind. We left a bit late but still arrived early in Paris, so I guess they did a good job!
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Interestingly enough, I can log into delta.com and the app, but my waitlisted RUC which usually manifests itself as a second seatmap is now showing up as a second flight. So now it looks like I’m booked on the same flight twice, one in SU and one in OY.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Fyi there is also a travel waiver posted on the DL website due to the ATL system issues.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:41 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
ATL was absolute chaos yesterday. Gate agents were not helpful at all... luckily my connection was delayed or I never would have made it.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When you're required to submit boarding passes for reimbursement, it helps to make sure to always have a spare copy.
slightly off subject, but i'm curious: The boarding pass doesn't have any fare/ticker price info on it that i know of for reimbursement. Is this just to prove you took the flight?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by Ryno1234
slightly off subject, but i'm curious: The boarding pass doesn't have any fare/ticker price info on it that i know of for reimbursement. Is this just to prove you took the flight?
DL boarding passes have your ticket number printed, so if someone looks they could detect the sort of cheating in which one submits a freceipt for a more expensive flight but then actually uses a cheaper ticket for the travel. [I think some sports referees got into a lot of trouble for doing this.] I worry sometimes when DL reissues tickets about the chain for ticket numbers and whether I should be submitting the entire sequence of receipts.

Of course, the boarding pass is evidence (but not proof) that one took the flight. However, if one was present for business activities at the destination, it's usually quite obvious that the traveler didn't walk or swim.
Ryno1234 and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL boarding passes have your ticket number printed, so if someone looks they could detect the sort of cheating in which one submits a receipt for a more expensive flight but then actually uses a cheaper ticket for the travel. [I think some sports referees got into a lot of trouble for doing this.] I worry sometimes when DL reissues tickets about the chain for ticket numbers and whether I should be submitting the entire sequence of receipts.

Of course, the boarding pass is evidence (but not proof) that one took the flight. However, if one was present for business activities at the destination, it's usually quite obvious that the traveler didn't walk or swim.

At my previous company, one employee got a refundable fare - drove the distance by car , got refunded by the airline, and claimed the (expensive) fare on his expense report. Not sure how he got caught but he did get fired of course. After that, the company required everyone to submit boarding passes with their expense report.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
Geez, do ya'll have your passes notarized too?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: Marriott
So, I was one of the lucky ones trapped in ATL forever, and yes I learned my lesson on screenshot-ing the boarding pass.

What if anything are you asking for in compensation from Delta?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:26 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Weekend Away
Geez, do ya'll have your passes notarized too?
I think some people are just being sarcastic
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
At my previous company, one employee got a refundable fare - drove the distance by car , got refunded by the airline, and claimed the (expensive) fare on his expense report. Not sure how he got caught but he did get fired of course. After that, the company required everyone to submit boarding passes with their expense report.
The heck of it all is that this wouldn’t have prevented the original issue - the employee could have checked in, gotten a BP, then cancelled the ticket. About the only way the company can really prevent this is by using a service like Concur that integrates with the airline backend, or by manually checking the Reciepts section on the airline sites to make sure the coupon says FLWN.

or asking employees to submit a selfie with their boarding pass and the safety card onboard each time?
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:39 am

Originally Posted by BenA

The heck of it all is that this wouldn’t have prevented the original issue - the employee could have checked in, gotten a BP, then cancelled the ticket. About the only way the company can really prevent this is by using a service like Concur that integrates with the airline backend, or by manually checking the Reciepts section on the airline sites to make sure the coupon says FLWN.

or asking employees to submit a selfie with their boarding pass and the safety card onboard each time?
One could deplane after taking the selfie and cancel the flight for a refund/credit.
strickerj likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.