Wiki Posts
Search

KE EBP HKG-ICN then DL EBP ICN-ATL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
KE EBP HKG-ICN then DL EBP ICN-ATL?

I have two tickets that were booked by DL DM agent. I used GUCs for OKC-ATL-ICN-ATL-OKC then SM for KE ICN-HKG-ICN. (All segments are biz.)

I should have no problems getting KE EBP in HKG for the flight back to ICN, but what happens with my DL ticket on to the USA?

I have not flown out of ICN as the city of origin (for several years now) so I would like to know if DL uses EBPs for #26 to ATL.

On the flip side, if I fail to get the KE EBP for ICN-HKG while in ATL waiting for DL #27 to ICN I hope the Wifi is working. Any problems to report of late on this route (ATL-ICN)?
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Unless something changed, I thought KE didn't do EBP for international.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:16 am
Original Poster

I am quoting their app but am having trouble uploading images.

Edited to add this link since images will no upload: https://www.koreanair.com/mobile/glo...boarding-pass/ with this text:

Service hour
International Flights: 48 hours ~ 1 hour before departure (USA/Canada/UK Flights : 24 hours ~ 1 hour before departure)
Domestic Flights: 48 hours ~ 40 minutes before departure

Last edited by Xeno; Jun 17, 2019 at 7:28 am
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Here are data from the KE app:
Attached Images   
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:48 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Unless something changed, I thought KE didn't do EBP for international.
I flew KE GMP-HND yesterday and have a KE EBP.

However, OP's question is about DL EBP ex-ICN, not KE.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I suspect the KE app will probably issue you passes for both segments... If you don’t have a pass yet on arrival into ICN, I believe there are transfer desks in the immigration hall that can print you one. Note ICN flights inbound to the US may require the usual passport sticker interview, so keep your eyes peeled for that at the gate.

KE’s checkin in HKG is friendly and efficient - I’d honestly suggest that you just get a set of paper passes there, as they will definitely be able to print the onward pass. You’ll have to walk by the desks anyway to get to security, and then there won’t be any stress about the various apps. Only takes a few moments at a time when you're about to just sit and wait anyway, and paper is better anyway because it can’t run out of batteries and can be easily submitted for missing mileage credit.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by BenA
I suspect the KE app will probably issue you passes for both segments... If you don’t have a pass yet on arrival into ICN, I believe there are transfer desks in the immigration hall that can print you one. Note ICN flights inbound to the US may require the usual passport sticker interview, so keep your eyes peeled for that at the gate.

KE’s checkin in HKG is friendly and efficient - I’d honestly suggest that you just get a set of paper passes there, as they will definitely be able to print the onward pass. You’ll have to walk by the desks anyway to get to security, and then there won’t be any stress about the various apps. Only takes a few moments at a time when you're about to just sit and wait anyway, and paper is better anyway because it can’t run out of batteries and can be easily submitted for missing mileage credit.
OP has separate tickets. He needs to check in with KE for the KE flight and then with DL (use the DL app and have the boarding pass printed at the airport if he doesn't have access to a printer in Hong Kong?) for the DL operated (and DL ticketed, so I assume it's not a codeshare) TPAC flight. KE does ground handling for DL at ICN, so checking in with DL there really means KE employees. However. Landside at ICN T2, there's a separate check in area for DL flights (versus KE's business class check in lounge for its own flights) where IIRC the staff wear DL uniforms.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
OP has separate tickets. He needs to check in with KE for the KE flight and then with DL (use the DL app and have the boarding pass printed at the airport if he doesn't have access to a printer in Hong Kong?) for the DL operated (and DL ticketed, so I assume it's not a codeshare) TPAC flight. KE does ground handling for DL at ICN, so checking in with DL there really means KE employees. However. Landside at ICN T2, there's a separate check in area for DL flights (versus KE's business class check in lounge for its own flights) where IIRC the staff wear DL uniforms.
Ack, I totally missed the two tickets detail - thanks for catching that, I had assumed it was a through ticket. Ignore my post, and yours is spot on.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As I see it, the risk that needs to be managed is missing the one hour check in deadline for the DL TPAC flight. KE should be able to check the bags through, but if the first KE flight is delayed, the OP could be booted from the TPAC flight if check in hasn't been accomplished.

BTW, you can do OLCI on the website and ask to be able to pick up a printed boarding pass at the airport. This should count as having checked in even without a paper boarding pass in hand, although KE employees might resist printing a boarding pass too close to departure time.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

As I see it, the risk that needs to be managed is missing the one hour check in deadline for the DL TPAC flight. KE should be able to check the bags through, but if the first KE flight is delayed, the OP could be booted from the TPAC flight if check in hasn't been accomplished.

BTW, you can do OLCI on the website and ask to be able to pick up a printed boarding pass at the airport. This should count as having checked in even without a paper boarding pass in hand, although KE employees might resist printing a boarding pass too close to departure time.
So DL does not issue EBP for DL equipment ICN-ATL-OKC 24 hours prior to departure of ICN flight?

I will be staying at the HKG airport Marriott so I have easy transit for the departure at HKG. I would think Marriott could print a BP if I have to do something like a screenshot of the web page since I will be using an iPad Pro 3.

I need to resolve this prior to leaving HKG because the connection at ICN is 1 hr 40 minutes. I did that last year on a unified ticket and remember a long walk with just a few minutes in the KE lounge with a long line at the departure gate.

No checked luggage, BTW.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Xeno
So DL does not issue EBP for DL equipment ICN-ATL-OKC 24 hours prior to departure of ICN flight?

I will be staying at the HKG airport Marriott so I have easy transit for the departure at HKG. I would think Marriott could print a BP if I have to do something like a screenshot of the web page since I will be using an iPad Pro 3.

I need to resolve this prior to leaving HKG because the connection at ICN is 1 hr 40 minutes. I did that last year on a unified ticket and remember a long walk with just a few minutes in the KE lounge with a long line at the departure gate.

No checked luggage, BTW.
You should be able to print your BPs for the DL reservation at your hotel in HKG at T-24 (just make sure to have your appropriate DL PNR). If for some reason you can’t, there will be DL transfer desks available just before one goes through security for connecting international flights in ICN. I would recommend printing them ahead of time so you would be “checked in” for the DL flight out of ICN on time, should your KE flight be delayed.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GagaPilot

You should be able to print your BPs for the DL reservation at your hotel in HKG at T-24 (just make sure to have your appropriate DL PNR). If for some reason you can’t, there will be DL transfer desks available just before one goes through security for connecting international flights in ICN. I would recommend printing them ahead of time so you would be “checked in” for the DL flight out of ICN on time, should your KE flight be delayed.
I remember some kind of line that we were in after walking a long distance from our arrival gate at ICN on the KE flight from HKG. I was toward the front of our group, but still there was a bit of a wait in the line before the security check.

Are you also confirming that there are no EBP for DL ICN-ATL? I find that curious. I did this run on unified ticket last year starting the day in Macau and when I got to the SkyPier one of the lines printed out all my BPs (HKG-ICN-ATL-OKC).
Old Jun 17, 2019, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium

If OP checks bags through on both flights, then he should end up with BP for both flights when checking bags.

BTW when did KE start allowing OLCI for international? For the longest time, it was worthless, you couldn't get eBP for international.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: KE Skypass Morning Calm Member, OZ Club
KE allows online check in for international, just NOT from the US. It's very valuable, though, even if you get the "get boarding pass at counter" - you can skip the HUGE lines the average passengers wait in for economy.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mikesaidyes
KE allows online check in for international, just NOT from the US. It's very valuable, though, even if you get the "get boarding pass at counter" - you can skip the HUGE lines the average passengers wait in for economy.
Thanks for clarity. I tend to stay away due to cabin temp. I was always told couldn't do OLCI if was international with KE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.