Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How do I buy a ticket today that I KNOW I will want to change on flight date?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How do I buy a ticket today that I KNOW I will want to change on flight date?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
SDC works for earlier or later flights regardless of status; SDS (same-day standby) only works for earlier flights unless you’re PM or DM
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by 925

that works great for me IF I can SDC for a later time. But if only earlier, then that won’t work at all. Which way does it work?

You can SDC (Same Day Confirm) to any flight on the same calendar day, later or earlier. It's SDS (Same Day Standby) that's restricted to only earlier flights for anyone lower than Gold.

If you book a seat in F, you only need an open seat in any class of service to SDC to another flight. It would be rather unusual to not be able to SDC to a later flight when booked in F given how many flights Delta operates between SEA and ATL – it would require some sort of major event or disruption (e.g., weather) that causes all flights to be sold out.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by 925

that works great for me IF I can SDC for a later time. But if only earlier, then that won’t work at all. Which way does it work?
You can SDC to later flights... if there are seats, which isn't a given for a thursday evening. Confirming the late flight and then moving up is the safest play. It really comes down to your risk tolerance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.