Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta flight from Indianapolis to Paris diverted to Detroit after FA assault & vomit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta flight from Indianapolis to Paris diverted to Detroit after FA assault & vomit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold

Delta Airlines flight diverted to Detroit after man allegedly assaulted flight attendants and threw up on plane

ROMULUS, Mich. (WXYZ) — A Delta plane from Indianapolis to Paris was diverted to Detroit on Thursday night after a man allegedly assaulted a flight attendant and threw up on the plane.

More info: https://www.wxyz.com/news/flight-div...ew-up-on-plane

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-officials-say
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:38 pm

The prospect of eight hours with the lingering smell of vomit would make me consider disembarking in DTW.
ceieoc, HMPS, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 8:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by xooz
The prospect of eight hours with the lingering smell of vomit would make me consider disembarking in DTW.
From FR24 it appears the aircraft was used to operate DL18 DTW-LHR 5-6 hours later
Old Jun 15, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Is it me. or the fact that information is available 24/7 in an instant.. have some people just down the deep end when they are flying?
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
My question is "where was the Federal Marshall on this flight?" Isn't/shouldn't there be one on all DL International flights? Apparently not in this case!
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by audidudi
My question is "where was the Federal Marshall on this flight?" Isn't/shouldn't there be one on all DL International flights? Apparently not in this case!
NO, there aren't FAMs on every DL international flight.
Spiff, HDQDD, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:57 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by audidudi
That has not been the case for 14 years!

FAM's are on a miniscule percentage of flights with more on high risk flights.
indufan and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
DL flies non-stop from IND to CDG? Wow that is route news to me, has IND become a focus city or something?

-Paul
ijgordon and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Paul510
DL flies non-stop from IND to CDG? Wow that is route news to me, has IND become a focus city or something?
For about a year now: DL to start IND-CDG
Old Jun 15, 2019, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances

-Paul
I think it was by accident, they confused IND with IAD, and they kept it as joke.

Or they confused CVG with CDG, one or the other...
themicah and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by Often1
That has not been the case for 14 years!

FAM's are on a miniscule percentage of flights with more on high risk flights.
Yeah! They supposed to put more FAM on every flight. That's the problem.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:19 am

Programs: QF WP

-Paul
i’m so glad someone else learned something today 😂 I assumed it must be a charter to start with
Old Jun 16, 2019, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Is IND even a hub for DL, this is bizzare, lol, but I guess that’s IND’s only European flight
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:02 am

FAM’s are on the aircraft to handle issues that could be critical to the safe operation of the flight. They are not supposed to involve themselves in passenger issues.
HDQDD, HMPS and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IND is a focus city for DL. It also has a SC.

Last summer I checked prices for the IND-CDG flight assuming that it would be empty and cheap, but for the dates I was considering, it was more expensive that other TATL routings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.