Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta flight from Indianapolis to Paris diverted to Detroit after FA assault & vomit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta flight from Indianapolis to Paris diverted to Detroit after FA assault & vomit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2019, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was JFK having its own weather or other IROPs problems? I know the UA "hard landing" apparently caused EWR to lose a runway (as well as close the airport temporarily?), with EWR flights being diverted to other airports in the NYC and beyond area. Maybe NYC ATC was too busy to handle such a diversion.
I was thinking that too...without declaring an emergency they may have had to circle NYC longer than the trip back to DTW. If it was true emergency they would have landed in ROC. Looking at the flight tracker it looks like they turned around right about at ROC. And it's 296NM to DTW and 264NM to JFK which is basically nothing.
I also imagine it's a lot easier to find hotels and transportation in DTW than JFK.

So for all the reasons outlined that makes DTW a no brainer over JFK.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Also wouldn't surprise me if it was a DTW based crew... who where illegal for the next day.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM+(segs)/MM, UA Ag, Hilton DM, Marriott Ti (life Pt), TSA Opt-out Platinum
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
FYI the IND CDG route only exists because the city subsidizes it.
That's relevant how? Even ATL has offered subsidies for new service and it's the busiest airport in the World.
indufan likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by HDQDD
That's relevant how? Even ATL has offered subsidies for new service and it's the busiest airport in the World.
Several posters above were commenting how surprised they are that IND-CDG exists when they would've imagined DL to create other TATL routes first. This comment provides additional information about why the route exists which may help explain their surprise.
Old Jun 17, 2019, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA - Silver, Hertz-5 star
Originally Posted by AA100k

Just a garden variety jerk, stinko drunk would be my guess.
Yea, the dude is on his way to Paris, have a red wine take a Xanax and shut the eff up. Hopefully he will not be able to ever fly commercial again, maybe even get some jail time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.