Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Will DL through-check baggage to VS codeshare (same ticket, different leg)?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will DL through-check baggage to VS codeshare (same ticket, different leg)?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Flying Club
Will DL through-check baggage to VS codeshare (same PNR, different leg)?

I知 due to fly PDX-SLC-JFK (red-eye, arriving at 06:00) with a JFK-LHR leg that evening (18:00) on VS4, booked as DL codeshare.

Now, the PDX-SLC-LHR is on the same PNR as JFK-LHR, but as a separate leg and all legs are DL flight numbers - would DL staff at PDX be able to tag my bag to LHR, or would I need to go through domestic baggage claim at JFK, then re-check the bag?

If it helps, I知 planning to leave JFK and spend the day in Manhattan, so I値l need to re-clear security anyway, but I壇 rather not have to store my bag at left luggage at JFK or lug it onto trains etc.

Last edited by CraigWatson; Jun 13, 2019 at 2:05 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
DL will ordinarily check across separate tickets within ST. However, this is 14 hours and it may not do so at SLC. Nothing you can do to be assured of it and if you push the issue, the answer will be "no"

You will need to be prepared to retrieve your bags at JFK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.