Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No flash sale today 6/11/19?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
I've got that checked; wonder why I'm not getting emails on the specified day. Hmm.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I was able to book RDU-SEA-RDU for 9/10-9/17 for 15,000 miles and $11.20 -- less than what the sale 'advertises.' All 3 legs cleared into C+ on booking. Connection outbound, non-stop return. Available for 11,000 mile in basic economy. Cash price is $623.

Last edited by mot29; Jun 13, 2019 at 5:36 pm
Old Jun 13, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta, Hyatt-Plat, Priority Club-Plat, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by ethernal
This flash sale is embarrassing. They shouldn't have even sent it out. The city pairs are so-so but not worse than some of the other more mediocre sales. But the real kicker are the restrictions. Usually there is at least a couple month window (with some blackout dates) for deal availability. But look at these... Each "deal" has a travel window/eligibility of only one week:
Did you search for any prices outside of those one-week dates or are you assuming that prices are only valid for that one week period? Often it seems you can find the same or lower prices outside of what’s stated in the terms and conditions.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:20 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by DiscoPapa

Did you search for any prices outside of those one-week dates or are you assuming that prices are only valid for that one week period? Often it seems you can find the same or lower prices outside of what’s stated in the terms and conditions.
If that's the case, then it isn't even a real flash sale. With the real flash sales, there are clear demarcations in the awards that tie to the terms and conditions and applicable ranges. Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like Delta just forgot to do a fare sale and looked up some softer city pair weeks with low fare bucket availability in September and called it a sale.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:35 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ethernal
If that's the case, then it isn't even a real flash sale. With the real flash sales, there are clear demarcations in the awards that tie to the terms and conditions and applicable ranges. Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but it seems like Delta just forgot to do a fare sale and looked up some softer city pair weeks with low fare bucket availability in September and called it a sale.
My experience has been that sometimes the flash sales terms are clearly followed, but oftentimes not. When the 120K to Japan sale was out, I was able to book outside the "sale" dates at 120K if I was flexible on specific dates and connection cities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.