Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to tell which RUCS are used/WListed before they are close?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM

Is there a way to rell which RUCS are used or waitlisted before they are closed in your profile?

The reason I ask is I called to use a RUC and the Diamond Lined rep couldn't tell me if I had any left even though I show 7 open. She said there is no way for them to tell which ones are being used as already( upgraded:non flown) or waitlisted until you fly. This doesn' seem accurate and I don't want to select more with my Choice benefit if I don't have to since it will start the expiration clock.
Thanks

Last edited by Hotcarl; Jun 11, 2019 at 9:11 am
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Delta DM, 2MM
Originally Posted by Hotcarl
Is there a way to rell which RUCS are used or waitlisted before they are closed in your profile?

The reason I ask is I called to use a RUC and the Diamond Lined rep couldn't tell me if I had any left even though I show 7 open. She said there is no way for them to tell which ones are being used as already( upgraded:non flown) or waitlisted until you fly. This doesn' seem accurate and I don't want to select more with my Choice benefit if I don't have to since it will start the expiration clock.
Thanks
They close when the ticket is reissued. I guess you haven't tracked when you have been successful in applying them?
Old Jun 11, 2019, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
They close when the ticket is reissued. I guess you haven't tracked when you have been successful in applying them?
Thanks for the response. No I haven't tracked them, I guess I wrongly assumed that once a specific cert was attached to a flight it would show up within the cert in my profile.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by iflyalexair
+1

Whenever I apply a GUC/RUC I ask the agent for the cert # they applied and keep track of it all in a Google sheet. Has been handy a couple times where an agent tried to use a cert to wait list when that cert was already wait listed on a different itin.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL
This is a chronic problem with these certificates, because you can easily waitlist one certificate for two flights, and then lose your seat assignment on the second flight if both clear.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
As previously explained, as soon as a RUC/GUC cert is applied as payment for a successful upgrade and the ticket is reissued, the cert will change to "used" in your Delta wallet. That's the only thing we customers can see.

Until then, the only thing you can do is call and ask a Res agent to read you the cert number from each flight you are currently waitlisted on, and then keep track from there. Since usually the last four digits are unique, you could first go into your wallet and note the last four digits of each of your OPEN certs, and then call and ask the res agent what cert (last four digits) is coded on each flight you've waitlisted.

And then, keep track yourself.

This exercise could be enlightening - as previously noted, it is entirely possible to waitlist for multiple flights with one cert number. You might discover that you have two flights waitlisted using one cert, which would be a problem because only one of those waitlists will ever successfully clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.