Wiki Posts
Search

CDG Yotel Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
CDG Yotel Question

This might be a very stupid question, in which case please accept my apologies in advance, but I was hoping some FT-SkyMilers might have some insight into this...

I'm supposed to arrive @ CDG 2F on an inter-Schengen flight about 10:20PM, and am departing from 2E to the US the next morning at about 8:00AM. I was planning on just spending the night at the YotelAIR CDG, which apparently is airside in 2E, but just noticed their fine-print (more details here) which says:
Terminal 2E is closed overnight from 10.30pm to 4am. If coming from landside you must pass through security by 10.30pm to access the hotel and have a valid flight departing the day of check-out.
Assuming that my inbound flight is more-or-less on time, it's essentially impossible that I'll be able to physically arrive at 2E before 10:30PM. Will I be able to get to the Yotel anyways since I don't have to exit the secure area when transiting from 2F to 2E? Or am I being incredibly naive and I should just make other sleeping arrangements?

Thanks!

Last edited by nolesaid; Jun 10, 2019 at 7:40 pm Reason: clarity
Old Jun 10, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I would suggest calling/emailing the Yotel, or asking in the AF forum. It really comes down to how late passport control is open between 2F and 2E. Given there are several 23:xx departures out of 2E, I wouldn't be surprised if it still were open.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bennos
I would suggest calling/emailing the Yotel, or asking in the AF forum. It really comes down to how late passport control is open between 2F and 2E. Given there are several 23:xx departures out of 2E, I wouldn't be surprised if it still were open.
Thanks -- doing both. Will update this forum for future reference if/when I have a good answer.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 5:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nolesaid
Will update this forum for future reference if/when I have a good answer.
For those that may be curious... airside access to 2E is possible even late night (after 10:30). One must go through passport control, but there are several flights departing 2E late enough that access is still possible.
NotHamSarnie likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DM PM
Thanks for the update. I've wondered about this.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I've done this before. You'll have no issues since you're connecting. The Yotel while past passport control, is outside security. (Security is done before entering the specific concourse departing out of) The real issue is for those originating at CDG. They need to pass the main passport exit control before it closes. For those connecting theres always a passport control agent to allow one to transfer from Schengen to non-Schengen concourses.
nolesaid likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.