Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Concourse D gates appallingly filthy and run down -- worse than a bus station

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Concourse D gates appallingly filthy and run down -- worse than a bus station

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:37 am

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by ajl1239
I recently departed -- about 21:00 -- from the end of Delta's Concourse D gates (26 June) and was absolutely shocked by the filth and run-down gates. Delta considers itself the "premier airline" of the United States, but it's maintaining its concourses like this at its "hometown hub" -- really?
Was this recently departed occurrence last year or are posting in the past from the future?

TommyD2, emrdoc and electronym like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 4:19 am

Programs: DL-Diamond; UA-Silver (moan); Hilton-DIA; Marriott-PPE; IHG-Plat; NC-Exec Elite
I've actually been in some pretty decent bus stations.

If you thing ATL D sucks, try IAD A.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by mdaecher
True.

With the silly IAD buses to get you around the terminal.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teddybear99
Was this recently departed occurrence last year or are posting in the past from the future?

sorry. It was 26 May!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teddybear99

Originally Posted by davidlhanson
Wouldn't discourteous passengers (even perhaps for the broken seats) be a major cause of what you describe at ATL? Messes of crumbs and liquids, and fast food waste everywhere are the result of piggy passengers, IMHO.
isn’t it the job of an airport to clean up after messy passengers?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:12 am

If this mess was right after a bank departed, that’s understandable. If the trash was there for more than a couple hours, that’s a problem the Atlanta Airport should work on.
DiverDave and strickerj like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
so glad I fly out the T gates in ATL, ,,well sometimes out of D, when gong to CLT.. and your right.. it looks and feels really bad
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Does anyone know if renovations are scheduled?

I mean clearly D is the only concourse that needs it and we can't be the only ones that notice. Usually when they start to let it slide it is because why spend money to fix little things when it will all be remodeled anyway.

I can't recall the last time I was in ATL D (just lucky I guess), but surely it can't be as bad as the old non Delta terminal in DTW. I remember about 10 years ago just before it closed, talk about embarrassing. I flew into the McNamara terminal then headed over to pick up a colleague at the other terminal and was in shock. I mean flight status on whiteboards, and don't get me started on the bathrooms. That place was literally crumbling.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by davidlhanson
Wouldn't discourteous passengers (even perhaps for the broken seats) be a major cause of what you describe at ATL? Messes of crumbs and liquids, and fast food waste everywhere are the result of piggy passengers, IMHO.
Do the MCO flights depart from D?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
ATL is a dump in itself period. I have been traveling there more than often as of late due to work and I despise that awful place.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I haven't been through "D" in ATL since last December (I think). To me it was sufficiently maintained. Sure, it isn't as polished as "F" or the recently renovated "B" in ATL. It is narrower than the other concourses and used to be regional, but now it is a combo of regional/mainline. Personally I think ATL is one of the best maintained airports in the US. With the worst being SEA.
100% agree. It is disgusting how quickly SEA became an absolute dump. 5 years ago, I would have said SEA was one of the most enjoyable airports to fly through. Now the only airports that I think compare to SEA are LAX and EWR. People in SEA are addicted to littering, whether it be in the airport or on the highways, and the garbage just piles up and sits until it rots.
GagaPilot and ATLflyer2017 like this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The Situation
100% agree. It is disgusting how quickly SEA became an absolute dump. 5 years ago, I would have said SEA was one of the most enjoyable airports to fly through. Now the only airports that I think compare to SEA are LAX and EWR. People in SEA are addicted to littering, whether it be in the airport or on the highways, and the garbage just piles up and sits until it rots.
You can't be serious... "absolute dump"... hardly.
I mean I was in SEA a few times in the past year, never noticed any garbage rotting away. Seemed an "average" airport at worst. The SkyClub is gorgeous.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by defrosted
You can't be serious... "absolute dump"... hardly.
I mean I was in SEA a few times in the past year, never noticed any garbage rotting away. Seemed an "average" airport at worst. The SkyClub is gorgeous.
Skyclub is gorgeous, but rarely am I in it as most of my trips are domestic. I take ~15 trips per year so I see SEA roughly 30 times a year. I will say that the terminal last week was cleaner than my previous flight, but the condition of the aircraft made up for that as the cleaning crew didn't pick up the used blanket off the floor in front of my seat nor the garbage in the seatback pocket. I made a comment in another thread about that. It is unbelievable that nobody ever bothers to vacuum up the crumbs off the floor or wipe down the spilled food/drink in the gate area seating, or pick up the empty fast food drinks/wrappers that people just throw on the ground like they are at the ballgame.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mdaecher
I've actually been in some pretty decent bus stations.

Hopefully you mean IAD C. A and B (where Delta and the Int'l flights are) is pretty nice.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:18 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Originally Posted by enviroian
ATL is a dump in itself period. I have been traveling there more than often as of late due to work and I despise that awful place.
Lol. Not much to say here...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.