Lounge advice in CLE

Old Jun 2, 19, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 GM back to PM
Lounge advice in CLE

Flying out of CLE tomorrow, never used or looked for lounges there before, and I'd love any and all suggestions for wisdom. Far as I can tell there is no Sky Club.
Old Jun 2, 19, 10:33 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Wimsta View Post
Flying out of CLE tomorrow, never used or looked for lounges there before, and I'd love any and all suggestions for wisdom. Far as I can tell there is no Sky Club.
No Sky Club. There's an Airspace Lounge right at the entrance to Concourse B (where Delta flies) and a United Club in Concourse C. That's it. Never used them, so I don't have an opinion.
Old Jun 2, 19, 10:36 pm

Programs: Delta PM
If you have Priority Pass, there’s a Priority Pass Restaurant - Bar Symon. $28 credit with a Priority Pass card.
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/loun...le4d-bar-symon

You could also buy your way into a UA lounge with a day pass unless UA requires you to be flying UA to even be able to buy a day pass.
Old Jun 5, 19, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 GM back to PM
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post
If you have Priority Pass, there’s a Priority Pass Restaurant - Bar Symon. $28 credit with a Priority Pass card.

You could also buy your way into a UA lounge with a day pass unless UA requires you to be flying UA to even be able to buy a day pass.
I haven't tried in 2019, but I used day passes for UA when I was on DL flights in 2018. I was actually quite fond to the little club in T at ATL, but when my flight volume increased I got tired of looking for passes on eBay.

I didn't end up with enough time to check out the Priority Pass Restaurant. We arrived with just enough time for board and proceed to wait 4 hours on the plane before take off. I'll try Pittsburg next and decide which airport offers the best total package. I hear good things about PIT's SC.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Old Jun 5, 19, 5:11 pm

The Airspace Lounge is the most pitiful excuse for a lounge I have ever seen, and I've traveled to some fairly remote places. There's a cash bar, and you can order (again, at a price) about 3 food items, such as chex mix and granola. When you check in, you get a voucher for about $10, which will buy you one drink with a bit of change left over. There is nothing to eat that doesn't cost you, and precious little of even the stuff that costs. Go here only if you want somewhere marginally more quiet and comfortable than the terminal. If you have Priority Pass, I would definitely opt for the Bar Simon. If not, you'll have a better experience at one of the restaurants than you will at the "lounge".
Old Jun 6, 19, 6:11 am

Programs: Delta DM / 3MM; HHonors Diamond
I fly out of CAK instead. No lounge there either ... but, the airport is more comfortable, less crowded and I get annoyed less.
Old Jun 6, 19, 8:08 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR View Post

Unfortunately, for those of us with AMEX issued PP memberships, the restaurant options are being eliminated on August 1st.

Last edited by xliioper; Jun 6, 19 at 8:50 am
Old Jun 6, 19, 8:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ProfRB View Post
The Airspace Lounge is the most pitiful excuse for a lounge I have ever seen, and I've traveled to some fairly remote places. There's a cash bar, and you can order (again, at a price) about 3 food items, such as chex mix and granola. When you check in, you get a voucher for about $10, which will buy you one drink with a bit of change left over. There is nothing to eat that doesn't cost you, and precious little of even the stuff that costs. Go here only if you want somewhere marginally more quiet and comfortable than the terminal. If you have Priority Pass, I would definitely opt for the Bar Simon. If not, you'll have a better experience at one of the restaurants than you will at the "lounge".
I couldn't agree more. I flew out of Cleveland last year and as I sat in a bagel shop in the concourse I noticed the billboard advertising the club. I strolled over.... and after 5 minutes ......I went back over to the bagel shop. It was as if ALL the air had been sucked out of that place and replaced with just bad vibes.