Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Adding LAS-LGB (Yes you read that right)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Adding LAS-LGB (Yes you read that right)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by indufan
LGB is about a thousand times easier than SNA. And therefore, I think this is a good move from Delta.
Just curious, but what do you mean by “easier”?

My Office is in Irvine, so naturally I fly SNA whenever possible, but SNA seems like one of the easiest airports to navigate. Do you mean the traffic getting to SNA from The LB area?

Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, DL FO, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5 Whatevers
Delta throwing darts randomly at a board again.

Have they used up all of the new slots that LGB gave them?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by TheHorta

My Office is in Irvine, so naturally I fly SNA whenever possible, but SNA seems like one of the easiest airports to navigate. Do you mean the traffic getting to SNA from The LB area?

Security, drop off, and pick up are easier for sure. But not exceptionally easier.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Used to love the PDX-LGB flighs on mainline AS back in the day. So easy and convenient.
Is the bar still outside security with the outdoor deck overlooking the tarmac? Great place to hang out.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by hiima
Security, drop off, and pick up are easier for sure. But not exceptionally easier.
What is the measure of easier other than in and out quicker?

Originally Posted by TheHorta

See above. Assuming you can avoid the 405 at rush....well, during the daylight.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer
I was reading the weekly OAG thread over on a.net and noticed that DL has loaded 2x daily LAS-LGB starting in October. This is clearly slot squatting and won’t be a high yielding route as there is already competition from WN so I’m wondering what DL’s reasoning for this is? Thoughts?
Probably like the slots they are squatting on for LAS-SJC/SAN/LAX/SEA right? (sarcasm)

I'd love to know how this is clearly squatting and not a fairly obvious add when Delta has slowly been growing LAS-California with flights like LAS-SAN/SJC/SNA (plus a ton of capacity to LAX)?
xliioper likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
possibility of more routes that might connect onward with the new international flights? do people from AMS want to really go to LGB?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:01 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Why does LGB have slots? I thought the only slot controlled airports were LGA, JFK, and DCA in this country?
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by indufan
What is the measure of easier other than in and out quicker?

See above. Assuming you can avoid the 405 at rush....well, during the daylight.
405S isnt bad at all in the morning from LGB. Opposite is true in the afternoon. You can get from LGB to LAX in roughly 30 min around 5pm.
indufan likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 9:11 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by SJC ORD LDR
Why does LGB have slots? I thought the only slot controlled airports were LGA, JFK, and DCA in this country?
With the usual "layperson using Google" disclaimer, it appears this has something to do with city noise ordinance vs. FAA-administered slots?

Long Beach Airport (LGB) - Frequently Asked Questions

https://www.lbbusinessjournal.com/ne...-slots-at-lgb/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.