Should I Go for this Offer?

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think you're gonna be fine. They would've just turned you down for the card, and maybe made an alternate offer without the bonus.

I'd never call DL about this. You could call Amex CS and tell them you wanted to confirm the terms of the offer--can they look at your account and see what's required to get the bonus, etc? They'll probably just rattle it back to you without trouble.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smoaky
Unless you get a pop up when you apply I think you might be OK? Is that what happens to other folks who have had the card before? Is the offer NLL?
The dreaded pop up happened to me a couple of app-o-ramas ago, but I appreciated being warned. Nothing is worse than spending thousands of dollars on a card, only to be denied the bonus.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:47 pm
formerly smoaky

Originally Posted by joer1212
The dreaded pop up happened to me a couple of app-o-ramas ago, but I appreciated being warned. Nothing is worse than spending thousands of dollars on a card, only to be denied the bonus.
Agreed. But doesn't the pop-up essentially warn you beforehand? Would be worse if there was no pop up but they still denied it after the spend. Unless that's what you're saying.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Once you have the card and it actually shows up in your amex account you can just use the 'chat' feature to ask customer service about the terms of the promotion. They will have access to it at that time and can track your spend towards the threshold (and verify you have it on your account) etc.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by smoaky
Agreed. But doesn't the pop-up essentially warn you beforehand? Would be worse if there was no pop up but they still denied it after the spend. Unless that's what you're saying.
Yes, the pop up informing that you are not eligible for the bonus occurs right before Amex does a hard pull on your credit. They also give you the option to submit the application without the bonus, if you so choose.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by griffy208
Once you have the card and it actually shows up in your amex account you can just use the 'chat' feature to ask customer service about the terms of the promotion. They will have access to it at that time and can track your spend towards the threshold (and verify you have it on your account) etc.
Good tip. Thanks.
griffy208 likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
The chat reps are very informative and helpful, IME.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.