No TSA PreCheck suddenly?

Old May 29, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: Krisflyer
No way, this is pretty unsafe, there will always be pre checks
Old May 29, 2019, 8:50 am

Are you using a paper or mobile BP? Sometimes I don't see Precheck on the paper (such as when going from international>domestic>domestic and the initial leg was on a partner), but the mobile BP will have it.

If it's super important to you, you can ask the counter agent to check if the KTN is applied, and if not they can reapply it and reprint a BP.

As others have mentioned, I see this issue sometimes when booking through a TA like AmEx travel desk when I hit some limitation in Concur.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
This happened to me once, and only on the outbound. I had precheck on my return. When I looked into it I found:
- The ticket had been purchased through DL.com using my profile
- My profile had remained unchanged through the process. KTN was always in there
- TSA can randomly take away your precheck for security purposes

The problem never came back. Maybe I shared something to facebook that pissed off the government, who knows?
Old May 29, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM - IHG Diamond
My issues have always occurred when the ticket was purchased from a partner, even if I entered my SM number at purchase and the flight was operated by DL. Now I periodically look at my itineraries on delta.com and verify that my TTN is loaded for each.
Old May 29, 2019, 2:49 pm
ryw

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ecaarch
My issues have always occurred when the ticket was purchased from a partner, even if I entered my SM number at purchase and the flight was operated by DL. Now I periodically look at my itineraries on delta.com and verify that my TTN is loaded for each.
I've had the same issue when purchasing tickets from Virgin Atlantic and crediting miles to DL. For a VS operated flight, even though I entered my SM number and KTN when booking, precheck didn't show up on my boarding pass. I had to call in after check in and get them to manually add my KTN and re-check in. For a DL operated flight booked through VS, there was no precheck on my VS boarding pass, but it appeared when I re-printed the boarding pass from a DL kosk.
Old May 29, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I had that problem once, but it turns out some how some way, my know flyer number was zapped out of my delta account. I put it back and no issues since.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Your name has to match precisely. Pre-check calls for full name, JOHN QUINCY ADAMS. Your profile has to match that perfectly. It can not be JOHN Q ADAMS. Or JOHN ADAMS. It must be JOHN QUINCY ADAMS.
When I first bought pre-check I had to go back and adjust every stored profile when I added my known flyer number.
Old May 30, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Thanks for all the replies.

I now know less than when I started <G>.

To summarize, nothing that I know of changed. It was a Concur booking and has been for years for the same itinerary and I got precheck without fail. My profile had a valid TTN but it somehow was not attached to this booking. Per DL res future bookings have my TTN attached so it may be a one off problem.

I tend to blame Concur due to other glitches in past bookings, mainly Hampton reservations.

I just know that when I don't get precheck, I'm dumber and slower in the line than the average traveller!

Jim
Old May 30, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jimquan

To summarize, nothing that I know of changed. It was a Concur booking and has been for years for the same itinerary and I got precheck without fail. My profile had a valid TTN but it somehow was not attached to this booking. Per DL res future bookings have my TTN attached so it may be a one off problem.

I tend to blame Concur due to other glitches in past bookings, mainly Hampton reservations.

I just know that when I don't get precheck, I'm dumber and slower in the line than the average traveller!

Jim
Here's the key piece of information. TSA Precheck is based on the Secure Flight Passenger Data that is entered in your reservation. If the automatic process of populating each new reservation with your Secure Flight information from your Concur profile has some sort of glitch and your reservation's Secure Flight information does not have your KTN, then you (probably) won't get TSA Precheck for that flight.

The "answer" is to check your reservation after booking and before travel. Are your KTN and the other Secure Flight Passenger Data fields correctly populated in your new reservation? That's what you need to get TSA Precheck at the time of travel.
tvnwz likes this.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel

Jim
FYI, there's no reason not to just add your TTN number once you get a boarding pass that doesn't have it. Send DL a direct message on twiitter, they'll handle it in 10 minutes, and then you can re-check in and get a new pass.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 2MM/PM, HH LT <>, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by SamOF
FYI, there's no reason not to just add your TTN number once you get a boarding pass that doesn't have it. Send DL a direct message on twiitter, they'll handle it in 10 minutes, and then you can re-check in and get a new pass.
That's what I thought. When I spoke DL res they didn't seem inclined to do that, I was about 12 hours from departure.

Jim
Old May 30, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Hang up. Call again.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I've had it happen when someone else books the flight for me. I just call Delta and they uncheck me in and add the TTN and I recheck in and precheck appears.
Old May 30, 2019, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Mr. Tickets
Beg to differ, it does work and has for quite some time. Agent uses Worldspan, not that it makes a difference.
The agent likely has your KTN on file and thus adds it. You can search past threads that deal with DL and KTN issues. They document the same thing. The KTN from your SM profile is only added if you book with DL. If you book elsewhere then it must be added. This can include, if it's in your profile with whatever TA during booking. When work books a flight for me (instead of me booking myself directly with DL) my KTN is added. However this is because they have my KTN on file in their profile for me. It shows up even if there's no FF attached (ie when booking an airline I don't have one to use). If customer books flight directly for me, even if they include my SM number, my KTN doesn't show up, unless they book directly with DL.

Basically your profile with whomever you're booked through determines if it gets added. If booking with DL, then your DL profile. If booking with a TA, then the profile on file with the TA.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
That's what I thought. When I spoke DL res they didn't seem inclined to do that, I was about 12 hours from departure.

Jim
Then you got a terrible agent. There's no reason they can't add the number and uncheck you inif you have trouble on the phone in the future, they definitely can also do this at the airport.
jamesteroh likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.