Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No TSA PreCheck suddenly?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The agent likely has your KTN on file and thus adds it. You can search past threads that deal with DL and KTN issues. They document the same thing. The KTN from your SM profile is only added if you book with DL. If you book elsewhere then it must be added. This can include, if it's in your profile with whatever TA during booking. When work books a flight for me (instead of me booking myself directly with DL) my KTN is added. However this is because they have my KTN on file in their profile for me. It shows up even if there's no FF attached (ie when booking an airline I don't have one to use). If customer books flight directly for me, even if they include my SM number, my KTN doesn't show up, unless they book directly with DL.

Basically your profile with whomever you're booked through determines if it gets added. If booking with DL, then your DL profile. If booking with a TA, then the profile on file with the TA.
Adding to the chorus here—it's absolutely hit or miss, but I have gotten precheck based on my DL profile when booking through an agent who 100% did not have my KTN on file. I'd say it works about 25% of the time for me.
Old May 31, 2019, 9:04 am

I pointed out the lack of PreChk when dropping bags and the counter agent just asked to see my Global entry card and put the numbers in and reprinted the boarding card which came up with TSAPRCHK on it.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Delta Kryptonium
I just had the same thing happen for a trip tomorrow - I printed our boarding passes and my wife's had pre-check and mine did not - .... So, I go into my profile and sure enough, for no reason, my KTN disappeared. I put it back in the profile, called DL and had them uncheck me in and add my KTN into tomorrow's flight's PNR and then rechecked in & pre-check showed up on the boarding pass. Then I had to go to all future booked flights and add my KTN to each PNR to be sure it was there because I don't know when it disappeared from my profile - a real PIA. Now I intend to check my & my wife's profiles periodically to make sure the KTNs are there. I've never had this happen before and DL can't explain it (and all my flight are booked on DLs website).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.