Search

Underage Drinking at Delta Sky Club

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2019, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Underage Drinking at Delta Sky Club

Hey all,

I've got four hours to spare at an airport (waiting to be picked up) with a Delta Sky Club in a few weeks, one that does not have an open bar and is 18+ for admittance. For those wondering, I've got an Amex Platinum for entry.

DISCLOSURE yes I'm only 20, but come on. Everyone here has had alcohol before being 21 and I'm responsible and planning on just a couple beers.

Anyways, if they do card me upon entry to the DSC i'm using my real and probably won't use my fake inside.

HOWEVER if they do not card me upon entry (which I've heard they do not), would I be ok using fake at the bar? Or does anyone know if the bartenders are informed of anyone underage?

Please give me actual feedback and not a speech, thanks!
Old May 28, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by whitf00t
Hey all,

I've got four hours to spare at an airport (waiting to be picked up) with a Delta Sky Club in a few weeks, one that does not have an open bar and is 18+ for admittance. For those wondering, I've got an Amex Platinum for entry.

DISCLOSURE yes I'm only 20, but come on. Everyone here has had alcohol before being 21 and I'm responsible and planning on just a couple beers.

Anyways, if they do card me upon entry to the DSC i'm using my real and probably won't use my fake inside.

HOWEVER if they do not card me upon entry (which I've heard they do not), would I be ok using fake at the bar? Or does anyone know if the bartenders are informed of anyone underage?

Please don’t cross post in different forums. You have and will receive answers in your other post. Alerted mods to merge.
Old May 28, 2019, 1:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks, sorry about that!
Old May 28, 2019, 1:52 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Hey all,

Welcome to Flyertalk, whitf00t I am moving your thread to the Delta Forum. I have alerted A Moderator to delete the similar thread you posted in the Airline Lounge Forums. Please do not cross-post. This is against the Terms of Service
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old May 28, 2019, 1:57 pm

We cannot advise you on illegal matters.

As a matter of fact however, bartenders aren't informed of jack, and to the extent they check ID, they're glancing at the date of birth.

Cheers!
Old May 28, 2019, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by obscure2k
This is against the Terms of Service
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Is asking how to engage in illegal behavior against the Terms of Service? Asking for a friend.
jalves and Gullywhumper like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL Diamond/1MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Is asking how to engage in illegal behavior against the Terms of Service? Asking for a friend.
Leave it to the DL forum to have the first reply be about cross-posting...and not that.
emrdoc and GagaPilot like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:06 pm

Everyone here has had alcohol before being 21
False.

Everyone here has had alcohol
False.
​​​​​
Weekend Away and simplyben like this.
Old May 28, 2019, 2:29 pm

I think at the 18+ clubs with a tended bar they put a big black X on the back of your hand when you check in if you are underage.

Old May 28, 2019, 2:32 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
As others have mentioned, we will not engage in discussions of illegal activities in the skyclub.

Thank you,
Ryandc99, Moderator Delta Air Lines
obscure2k and jalves like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.