Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

757 seat recline questions regarding laptops

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2019, 12:57 pm
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

I'm currently booked into 33f but it appears the row behind is an exit row? Flightguru doesn't color it yellow, but wasn't sure. Only other window seats are all the way at the back but definitely don't want to get stuck being unable to recline if the person in front does (I personally never recline unless that's the case but I digress!).

Should I avoid 33f on the 75s?

Last edited by nycflyer17; May 27, 2019 at 1:14 pm
Old May 27, 2019, 6:17 pm
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

Enough room in 757 to use laptop in economy?

Generally speaking, I find the idea of Comfort+ to be a rip off. 19,5000 Skymiles compared to 26,000 for comfort + for the exact same seat and a few extra inches. That said, I need to be able to use my laptop and am worried about sitting in economy on a 757 (75s). Current seat is 33F, there are no exit rows etc. available. I really don't mind economy, but can't stand when someone reclines into me while working. I haven't flown on a Delta 757 yet, so wondered how bad the spacing would be... I guess I should bite the bullet and go with C+... I feel like this wasn't a problem 5-10 years ago but the last time I flew Delta I had to work with my laptop on me knees since using it on the tray table was impossible unless I craned my elbows out... the window.
Old May 27, 2019, 6:39 pm

how big is your laptop?
Old May 27, 2019, 6:50 pm
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
how big is your laptop?
14 inches.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
If the person in front of you reclines it will be difficult to properly type.
Old May 27, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
To some degree it also depends how big you are, but in general I would agree that in regular Y it will be challenging to use the laptop. C+ will be a lot more comfortable, with a lower likelihood of seat interference. Note that C+ has extra recline on the 75S (unlike most narrowbodies), but it shouldn't be enough to prevent you from using a laptop.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
A lot of it depends on how big you are.
If you can comfortably use the tray table at its closest position to you and type, then that can make up the difference between C+ and Y.
If you must slide the tray table forward to comfortably type, then get C+ or exit row.
Old May 27, 2019, 9:21 pm
formerly smoaky
Original Poster

Following your advice and splurging (it's all relative) on C+. I'll need to get work done on this flight, whereas if I am flying for leisure and just want to veg out it would be less of an issue.

As for how I generally type, it's almost always with the tray table pushed forward. Though as I said I sort of was able to make it work on my lap on an a321 (I believe, it was MIA-NYC) after my screen nearly cracked upon the person in front of me reclining.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.