Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Gold on Air France

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Delta Gold on Air France

Will be flying to Slovenia in September and have a few questions?
Delta award tickets economy
ATL to CDG then HOP to Ljublana on AF flt
Ljublana to CDG via Hop the AF A380
cdg to ATL.

As Delta Gold ( also skyclub member)I know both my wife and I can access Skyclub in ATL, what lounges can we use at CDG since we have a 5 hr layover.
Also. Seating on 380 economy upper deck, best seats?
Would prefer duo seats

thx
Old May 22, 2019, 3:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
You will have access to the 2G lounges prior to your Hop! flight.
A380 upper deck, all non-middle section seats are duo, upper deck is 2-4-2. Avoid the last row if possible.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: DL DM
The 2G lounge is brand new and quite nice. Long wait for the shower in the morning though.
Old May 23, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

ThAnks, my last three times through CDG were short layovers and this is 5 hours. Anyplace good for breakfast or just eat in lounge?
Old May 23, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: AA PLT; UA PLT
Originally Posted by SDQBound
You will have access to the 2G lounges prior to your Hop! flight.
A380 upper deck, all non-middle section seats are duo, upper deck is 2-4-2. Avoid the last row if possible.
I'm a Delta Gold on a KLM-ticketed, AF-operated A380 out of IAD and had to pay for the duo seats online. I got a 50 percent discount as a GM but my partner, who is on my record, was full price (it only came out to $60 total and I think it's well worth it). Is this standard? We purchased one of the cheapest fare classes, so that may also have had something to do with it. Our baggage allowance says hand baggage only, but I am assuming I get one free checked bag as STE+ but that he does not, even though he's on my record. Is this correct?
Old May 23, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
I'm a Delta Gold on a KLM-ticketed, AF-operated A380 out of IAD and had to pay for the duo seats online. I got a 50 percent discount as a GM but my partner, who is on my record, was full price (it only came out to $60 total and I think it's well worth it). Is this standard? We purchased one of the cheapest fare classes, so that may also have had something to do with it. Our baggage allowance says hand baggage only, but I am assuming I get one free checked bag as STE+ but that he does not, even though he's on my record. Is this correct?
This is Standard. AF/KL grants the seat discount to the Elite member only and not to the companions. With regards to the baggage, you have to check on KL or AF website to see what it says. Normally it should say 0 + 1 (Flying Blue Advantage) on your column and whatever allowance your companion gets on the column under his name. I've always flown with someone with status on the same record on AFKL so cannot really tell you if the allowance applies to both.
Old May 23, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by tuono07
ThAnks, my last three times through CDG were short layovers and this is 5 hours. Anyplace good for breakfast or just eat in lounge?
There aren't many options at 2G, the new lounge has good choices for breakfast.
Old May 24, 2019, 7:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Five hours is a long time. You might want to stretch your legs but I would definitely eat and drink in lounge.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Looks like breakfast in the lounge. Return layover in CDG is about 23 hours. We land at 5 pm and don’t take off till 1:30 the next day.
I'm thinking we carry a change with us store our bags at airport, take a train into Paris dinner, hotel then head back onto airport about 10am!
Old May 25, 2019, 9:22 pm

Looks like breakfast in the lounge. Return layover in CDG is about 23 hours. We land at 5 pm and don’t take off till 1:30 the next day.
I'm thinking we carry a change with us store our bags at airport, take a train into Paris dinner, hotel then head back onto airport about 10am!
You could always explore the Sheraton option right at the airport terminal. So you could land, check-in, store luggage in your room, RER to Paris, dinner, and Uber back to the airport late at night... That way you are not in a rush to get up early and just go straight to your flight check-in at 11:30 am
Old May 28, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

You could always explore the Sheraton option right at the airport terminal. So you could land, check-in, store luggage in your room, RER to Paris, dinner, and Uber back to the airport late at night... That way you are not in a rush to get up early and just go straight to your flight check-in at 11:30 am
Now that you mention it, that might be a better option! Wonder how late Uber runs from Paris to CDG.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I've always flown with someone with status on the same record on AFKL so cannot really tell you if the allowance applies to both.
AF/KLM do not extend Sky Team Elite baggage benefits to companions who don't have their own status. The companion will have to pay, though this may not happen when checking in with DL in the US, expect it when returning from Europe. The only benefits that I am aware of that are extended to companions are:
-Access for one guest to lounges
-Ability to use Sky Priority check in/security and boarding with elite member.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
AF/KLM do not extend Sky Team Elite baggage benefits to companions who don't have their own status. The companion will have to pay, though this may not happen when checking in with DL in the US, expect it when returning from Europe. The only benefits that I am aware of that are extended to companions are:
-Access for one guest to lounges
-Ability to use Sky Priority check in/security and boarding with elite member.
In my case my companion is also a Skyteam Elite, that's why I wasn't sure how they applied the luggage benefits. Thanks for the clarification.
Old May 28, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
In my case my companion is also a Skyteam Elite, that's why I wasn't sure how they applied the luggage benefits. Thanks for the clarification.
Yes, that was clear from your comment which is why I jumped in
Old May 28, 2019, 5:03 pm

Now that you mention it, that might be a better option! Wonder how late Uber runs from Paris to CDG.
I've used Uber to go from Paris to CDG anytime between 3 AM and 11 PM and never had an issue. Also always find Ubers no matter how late (early) I request them to move from one place to another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.