Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Gold on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
So following up on this thread, Will I have to go through passport control when I land in CDG or when I land in Slovenia? Also, will my bags be checked through to Slovenia or will I have to claim in CDG and recheck for the HOP FLT?
THX
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
AF/KLM do not extend Sky Team Elite baggage benefits to companions who don't have their own status. The companion will have to pay, though this may not happen when checking in with DL in the US, expect it when returning from Europe. The only benefits that I am aware of that are extended to companions are:
-Access for one guest to lounges
-Ability to use Sky Priority check in/security and boarding with elite member.
ability for the companion to use skypriority security lane is very much ymmv. benefits explicitly are only for the elite member but usually the companion is allowed. took a lot of arguing at mad on ux to have my companion use the sky lane with me.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by tuono07
So following up on this thread, Will I have to go through passport control when I land in CDG or when I land in Slovenia? Also, will my bags be checked through to Slovenia or will I have to claim in CDG and recheck for the HOP FLT?
THX
I would imagine at CDG if Slovenia is non-Schengen. However, if you exit the airport to visit Paris, which you should do IMHO, then, definitely you'll have to go thru passport control.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: DL PM, HHD, MG
Originally Posted by dcaiadflyer
I'm a Delta Gold on a KLM-ticketed, AF-operated A380 out of IAD and had to pay for the duo seats online. I got a 50 percent discount as a GM but my partner, who is on my record, was full price (it only came out to $60 total and I think it's well worth it). Is this standard? We purchased one of the cheapest fare classes, so that may also have had something to do with it. Our baggage allowance says hand baggage only, but I am assuming I get one free checked bag as STE+ but that he does not, even though he's on my record. Is this correct?
Yep, had the same scenario out of MIA on AF booked/operated 380 for booking upper deck seats. AF Res shows one free bag for me only (partner is not STE).
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:36 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tuono07
THX
Bags will go to Slovenia directly. You will clear immigration at CDG. For the return, you will clear exit immigration at CDG but you might have to go through immigration twice at CDG as they are randomly sending Schengen flights to passport control.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by arkangel
I would imagine at CDG if Slovenia is non-Schengen. However, if you exit the airport to visit Paris, which you should do IMHO, then, definitely you'll have to go thru passport control.
Slovenia is in the Schengen Zone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.