Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Which 777-200LR Delta One Suites seats are best for a couple?

Old May 20, 19, 10:54 am
Original Poster

We have an upcoming flight from LAX-PVG on the reconfigured 777-200LR. It will be our first time traveling in the new suites, and I'm not sure if the middle or window seats will offer a better experience. Based on what I've read, the middle seats are very private and don't really foster communication, so the window seats might be better. Would love to hear from others who have flown this configuration.
Old May 20, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: Skymiles
Middle seats have a little divider thing that should move so you can see each other. If you're both in window seats then you will each be completely secluded from each other unless you stand up.

jalves likes this.
Old May 20, 19, 11:19 am
Original Poster

That's helpful, thanks. If we go with the middle seats, are some rows better than others? Currently we're in 2B/2C, which seemed like a good option because it's the farthest away from the noise of the premium economy cabin.
Old May 20, 19, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What exactly do you think goes on in Premium Economy???
ethernal, Tine Rod, jalves and 3 others like this.
Old May 20, 19, 11:25 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

For me...having a window beats sitting next to my husband which I can do anytime.
SJC ORD LDR, angra and ExArkie like this.
Old May 20, 19, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
For me...having a window beats sitting next to my husband which I can do anytime.
Good one!

The old configuration had the middles pointing away from each other which was hard for couples, but the suites seem to face forward at the same angle, so that should be better. And it was okay to talk across the aisle in the old config, but the suites are more private and don't angle the same way as before, so I imagine both window-window and window-aisle will be more difficult now.
Old May 20, 19, 12:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Alaska MVP, Bonvoy (lol) Ambassador
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
What exactly do you think goes on in Premium Economy???
The worst squalor I tell you.. they're worse than those in Economy.. at least the Y passengers know their place in the world and know to keep quiet in their cramped misery.. but that Premium Economy? They're wanna-be elites that can't even fork up the extra $4,000 for a real J ticket. No one in their right mind would want to associate with that kind of squalor...
RAD_PDX, ijgordon, pfreet and 2 others like this.
Old May 20, 19, 1:00 pm
Original Poster

Yes, heaven forbid I have to be remotely close to that squalor! But in all seriousness, if there's a middle seat row that is better than others, I'd love to hear it.
Old May 20, 19, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Originally Posted by david55 View Post
After a trip with a middle pair on the DL A330, my wife and I started booking two window seats as well. Not b/c the A330 is bad by any means, but between different IFE content and naps, we didn't end up needing that communication time once airborne.
gellison47 likes this.
Old May 20, 19, 7:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
Originally Posted by gellison47 View Post
Yes, heaven forbid I have to be remotely close to that squalor! But in all seriousness, if there's a middle seat row that is better than others, I'd love to hear it.
Just flew the 7CB round trip ATL-LAX and the middle seats are virtually all the same.

Window seats get dual air vents. Middle seats each get a single air vent.

Overhead bins are over the middle seats, unlike the A350.

Here is the only choice you need to make:
If you want your little side table on your right (working on laptop with right hand, or writing with right hand), then choose the odd-numbered middle rows. Even number middle rows will have the table on the left for both seats.

Once you choose a pair of middle seats, you will always get one seat that is up against the suite door but has a larger workspace and a little storage bin underneath. The other seat will be further from the suite door, feel a little more distant from the aisle and open when you are lying flat. But no extended desk and no storage bin.

It's a great seat and a great space. We are flying the suites Xmas day and look forward to decorating it with a small strand of LED Xmas lights.
gellison47 likes this.