Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why we waste our money on Delta is beyond me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Duke787
Very easily could have been crew commuting for duty -- believe their contracts provide for Exit Row or C+ (and F depending on stage length) so that they can safely operate their flights
DL F/As don’t have a contract. They aren’t union. As far as pre-boarding goes, I’ve seen nonrevs cleared prior to boarding who happen to be in wheelchairs get pre-boarding. All other nonrevs get the same boarding zone as everyone else based on seat assignment. If they are cleared prior to boarding they are free to board with whatever zone their seat assignment is located in.
Old May 17, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007

So on the DL 3443 ie jfk to dfw a DL badged non rev from Hurst, TX shows up, flashes her crew badge, enters before paying customers and sits in an exit row drinking free wine with arrogance, condescension and conceit. Amazing? You cant make this up? And then the DL gate attendant smiles at the nonrev while flashing snears at revenue paying customers ie nearly taking their heads off. Thank you, may I have another as DL beats down paying customers and putting them in their place.

Hope its a long time before I have to venture into the DL fraternity of disrespect. cya DL.

Back to Southwest with a smile and confidence that every dollar spent on Southwest is a worthy cause towards DLs demise.
As another poster would say in the AA forum: "Goodbye cruel airline"
Old May 17, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: Delta. AA, National EE, HH
Originally Posted by blueflyer3

This feels like a bit of an overreaction IMO. How exactly does one drink wine with "arrogance, condescension and conceit"?
Must have been drinking with their Pinkie Finger extended....
Old May 17, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: Aadvantage Platinum, Marriott Gold
as a non-rev flyer myself (though my 'home airline' isnt Delta, airlines offer mutual priviliges among each other) this non-rev hatred is ridiculous.
Yes, we don't pay for the seat. It's part of our compensation package, much like a Walmart employee getting an employee discount...are people hating on them for this benefit?
We fly standby, which means, we don't know with certainty beforehand if we are going to get a seat at all, and if we do, if it is in front or back, aisle window or middle...you take what you can get. we usually board last, as most airlines dont release non-rev seating until boarding is way underway. we HAVE to be polite and respectful to other passengers, or risk losing our flight benefits.
do we enjoy free wine if our class of travel includes this? I can only speak for myself, but absolutely yes!
I will make sure, for OPs sake, to drink it very humbly and shake every paying passenger's hand in gratitude.
Rant over - I have to go check flight loads for the weekend to see where my non-rev butt can go
Old May 17, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: AC P25
Originally Posted by Widgets
The best popcorn-iest FlyerTalk stories have a good mixture of disdain for nonrevs, shenanigans, boarding out of turn, alcohol, hyperbole, and swearing to never fly that airline again. OP checked all those boxes.
He also posted to the right forum because no one is emotionally attached to a giant corporation enough to fill a page of posts with ridicule for the op because he doesn’t worship the Delta, like the delta FlyerTalk forum flyers!
Old May 17, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by yytleisure
He also posted to the right forum because no one is emotionally attached to a giant corporation enough to fill a page of posts with ridicule for the op because he doesn’t worship the Delta, like the delta FlyerTalk forum flyers!
He just worships Southwest instead.
Well until someone over there drinks wine with the wrong attitude and then he will be off to Frontier.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by defrosted
He just worships Southwest instead.
Well until someone over there drinks wine with the wrong attitude and then he will be off to Frontier.
People that fly Southwest drink wine?
Adam1222 and defrosted like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by yytleisure
I certainly don't "worship" Delta; in fact, I readily admit that Skymiles is an atrocity. That having been said, I like Delta's planes, food, and many of their employees. The reason I weighed in here is because the premise of this thread is incredibly stupid.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:19 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR

Thank you for increasing the entropy of the universe with your rant.
Universal entropy increase was inevitable. This post was pointless ranting.
Old May 17, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by cmd320
People that fly Southwest drink wine?
The Spring 2019 Beverage Menu on WN offers 3 types of wine for $6 each:

Carmenet® Cabernet Sauvignon, Mossel Bay Chenin Blanc Chardonnay and Cruset Brut Sparkling Wine.

Should this wine be consumed with any level of sneer or inappropriate condescension by a non-rev passenger, our high rolling OP will self-demote to Allegiant Air.
defrosted likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 11:27 pm

Old May 18, 2019, 12:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Duke787
Very easily could have been crew commuting for duty -- believe their contracts provide for Exit Row or C+ (and F depending on stage length) so that they can safely operate their flights
Please be careful about terminology.

Crew commuting for duty would mean between their homes and their selected/assigned crew bases. This would be considered personal and they could do it by flying nonrev, by purchasing a ticket, by driving, etc. Since it's personal (like most people driving, walking, or taking bus/subway/light rail to work), there can't be a contractual right to a cabin class, etc. AFAIK drinking would be OK in moderation if they were returning home after an assigned trip or would have enough time before reporting for duty (bottle to throttle rules in the case of pilots) if the employee were not wearing a DL uniform.

Crew deadheading for duty would mean between the crew base and the origination of the first assigned flight to work. Depending on circumstances, pilots and (less often) FAs would have the right to certain types of seats as well as having "must fly" status. In most cases, deadheading crew wouldn't be allowed to drink, but returning to base after a trip could be an exception, assuming not in uniform.

Old May 18, 2019, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Because I live in a super hub and I don’t want to have to connect every time I fly.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Widgets
The conceit is overpowering in that image. I have been triggered. I have reported this thread to the moderator and all security checkpoints and airlines worldwide.
defrosted likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
The real advantage at Southwest is there you won’t have to worry about watching a non-rev drink wine on the plane. Because you got a good shot iof you’re playing been canceled

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ue/3316922002/
So true...my wife just had a r/t to BWI and the outbound got cancelled 3 times.
defrosted likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.