Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why we waste our money on Delta is beyond me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2019, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I snear, with arrogance, condescension and conceit, at this post.
jdawg, gagajm, stormlover and 3 others like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by defrosted
Same way one takes people's heads off with a snear?
This is hard to believe because if you try to smuggle a sharp snear through a TSA checkpoint you get in big trouble.

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
OP, why are you spending your money flying Delta if you hate it so much?
It was $5 cheaper, no doubt.
bubbashow, hi55us, DCAFly and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Very easily could have been crew commuting for duty -- believe their contracts provide for Exit Row or C+ (and F depending on stage length) so that they can safely operate their flights
If they were commuting, does Delta allow them to drink wine before their work shift?
Old May 17, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nystateofmind
I am still wondering how the OP knew that this was a non-rev from Hurst, Texas.
My exact thought too!

I was hoping that would have been clarified but alas I got to the end and was disappointed. Maybe that plot line will be developed further in the (hopefully more exciting) sequel.
The Pompous Man likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007

So on the DL 3443 ie jfk to dfw a DL badged non rev from Hurst, TX shows up, flashes her crew badge, enters before paying customers and sits in an exit row drinking free wine with arrogance, condescension and conceit. Amazing? You cant make this up? And then the DL gate attendant smiles at the nonrev while flashing snears at revenue paying customers ie nearly taking their heads off. Thank you, may I have another as DL beats down paying customers and putting them in their place.

Hope its a long time before I have to venture into the DL fraternity of disrespect. cya DL.

Back to Southwest with a smile and confidence that every dollar spent on Southwest is a worthy cause towards DLs demise.
Thank you for increasing the entropy of the universe with your rant.
defrosted likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by Bear96
My exact thought too!

I was hoping that would have been clarified but alas I got to the end and was disappointed. Maybe that plot line will be developed further in the (hopefully more exciting) sequel.
I’m assuming it was overheard at the gate.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Widgets

I’m assuming it was overheard at the gate.
True, the snears could have been in Morse Code.
defrosted likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by biztraveler2007

Back to Southwest with a smile and confidence that every dollar spent on Southwest is a worthy cause towards DLs demise.
I don't think they're going to miss your domestic Y tickets. And do you think that DL and WN are like actually fighting each other, like the Starks vs the Lannisters? Like Gary Kelly has a secret plot to poison EB at his wedding? Or that DL will need the army of the Vale to save them in the battle of the biztravler?

Sorry everyone I'm just mostly excited for Sunday night! #GoT !
wrp96, ysolde, defrosted and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
The guy stirs up trouble and people post in response. I'd say he got exactly what he came here for.
ExArkie likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
The guy stirs up trouble and people post in response. I'd say he got exactly what he came here for.
I believe that we have a special word for that type of poster.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Presumably you wasted your money on DL to get from JFK to DFW. Did this happen on time and did you arrive in one piece, and was your journey overall fairly unremarkable? I don't understand what the rest of the rant has to do with wasting money.
Complainers gonna complain.
Old May 17, 2019, 8:52 am

Actually his post tells us more about why we don't want to fly with him than it does about Delta...….
Old May 17, 2019, 9:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
Actually his post tells us more about why we don't want to fly with him than it does about Delta...….
A few months ago OP made this thread:
Delta still not the quality of Southwest
Either OP continues to occasionally fly DL despite knowing it's so bad (in his eyes) or just like posting to rile up the DL forum. Either way, you're right - it says more about the OP than it does about DL. Does OP really think his rant is going to persuade anyone on here to stop flying?
Old May 17, 2019, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Very easily could have been crew commuting for duty -- believe their contracts provide for Exit Row or C+ (and F depending on stage length) so that they can safely operate their flights
Except we are not allowed to drink alcohol when on duty, even if it's the end of our duty day....
Old May 17, 2019, 9:10 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ATOBTTR
Does OP really think his rant is going to persuade anyone on here to stop flying?
The bigger question at hand is does OP really think...

Originally Posted by fliesdelta
Well actually I think most of these responses are hilarious rather than riled up, so I would argue he didn't get exactly what he came for. I mean "sharp snear through TSA"
Bradhattan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.