Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Why we waste our money on Delta is beyond me?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

So on the DL 3443 ie jfk to dfw a DL badged non rev from Hurst, TX shows up, flashes her crew badge, enters before paying customers and sits in an exit row drinking free wine with arrogance, condescension and conceit. Amazing? You cant make this up? And then the DL gate attendant smiles at the nonrev while flashing snears at revenue paying customers ie nearly taking their heads off. Thank you, may I have another as DL beats down paying customers and putting them in their place.

Hope its a long time before I have to venture into the DL fraternity of disrespect. cya DL.

Back to Southwest with a smile and confidence that every dollar spent on Southwest is a worthy cause towards DLs demise.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:13 pm

I'm not sure it's a NRSA. Non-revs 1) do not board before paying customers, they board with their assigned group and 2) are not supposed to be wearing their badge while traveling. Could it be a crew commuting or repositioning, perhaps?

This feels like a bit of an overreaction IMO. How exactly does one drink wine with "arrogance, condescension and conceit"?
Old May 16, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
I'll send your post to my ex-AirTran friends, who now work for WN, to let them know that you are coming back and to be on their best non-rev behavior.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by blueflyer3
How exactly does one drink wine with "arrogance, condescension and conceit"?
Same way one takes people's heads off with a snear?

OP: Seems a little short sighted to jump ship based on this one situation. But hey you can have Southwest!
Old May 16, 2019, 8:31 pm

The real advantage at Southwest is there you won’t have to worry about watching a non-rev drink wine on the plane. Because you got a good shot iof you’re playing been canceled

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ue/3316922002/
wrp96, gagajm, hi55us and 2 others like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHonrs Diamond
And I hate it on DL when one person pays to board first then saves 5 choice seats for their friends who are in the last boarding group while they stare at everyone else in the middle boarding group with arrogance, condescension, and conceit.

Oh wait, DL has assigned seats. They even had assigned seats back when they stuck these on your ticket:
Old May 16, 2019, 9:29 pm

The best popcorn-iest FlyerTalk stories have a good mixture of disdain for nonrevs, shenanigans, boarding out of turn, alcohol, hyperbole, and swearing to never fly that airline again. OP checked all those boxes.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:15 pm
In memoriam

Programs: SWA A list preferred and CP, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Hertz President's club
How does moving to SWA solve this? Their non revs get preboarding, which is exactly your complaint.
davidlhanson, HDQDD and jinglish like this.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:23 pm

Programs: DL PM. 1MM
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007
why we waste our money on delta is beyond me?

So on the dl 3443 ie jfk to dfw a dl badged non rev from hurst, tx shows up, flashes her crew badge, enters before paying customers and sits in an exit row drinking free wine with arrogance, condescension and conceit. Amazing? You cant make this up? And then the dl gate attendant smiles at the nonrev while flashing snears at revenue paying customers ie nearly taking their heads off. Thank you, may i have another as dl beats down paying customers and putting them in their place.

Hope its a long time before i have to venture into the dl fraternity of disrespect. Cya dl.

Back to southwest with a smile and confidence that every dollar spent on southwest is a worthy cause towards dls demise.
bye felicia.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Widgets
The best popcorn-iest FlyerTalk stories have a good mixture of disdain for nonrevs, shenanigans, boarding out of turn, alcohol, hyperbole, and swearing to never fly that airline again. OP checked all those boxes.
Don't forget the use of the term "we", when OP is clearly not actually one of "us" (regular DL flyers).

Delta still not the quality of Southwest
Old May 16, 2019, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by xliioper
Don't forget the use of the term "we", when OP is clearly not actually one of "us" (regular DL flyers).

Delta still not the quality of Southwest

​​​​​​​This raises the question: OP, why are you spending your money flying Delta if you hate it so much?

Last edited by blueflyer3; May 16, 2019 at 11:03 pm Reason: quote
Old May 17, 2019, 4:35 am

I am still wondering how the OP knew that this was a non-rev from Hurst, Texas.
Bear96, jdawg, OHDL1 and 5 others like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by xliioper
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_we
defrosted likes this.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Very easily could have been crew commuting for duty -- believe their contracts provide for Exit Row or C+ (and F depending on stage length) so that they can safely operate their flights
m.photog and hi55us like this.
Old May 17, 2019, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by biztraveler2007

So on the DL 3443 ie jfk to dfw a DL badged non rev from Hurst, TX shows up, flashes her crew badge, enters before paying customers and sits in an exit row drinking free wine with arrogance, condescension and conceit. Amazing? You cant make this up? And then the DL gate attendant smiles at the nonrev while flashing snears at revenue paying customers ie nearly taking their heads off. Thank you, may I have another as DL beats down paying customers and putting them in their place.

Hope its a long time before I have to venture into the DL fraternity of disrespect. cya DL.

Back to Southwest with a smile and confidence that every dollar spent on Southwest is a worthy cause towards DLs demise.
Presumably you wasted your money on DL to get from JFK to DFW. Did this happen on time and did you arrive in one piece, and was your journey overall fairly unremarkable? I don't understand what the rest of the rant has to do with wasting money.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.