Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Best Delta Sky Club at Atlanta Airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Delta Sky Club at Atlanta Airport?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 3:47 pm

Put me in the E & F fan club. One thing I'll add is that I feel like these clubs have more off-peak times than other ATL clubs. I've seen E get busy in the mornings (Caribbean flights) and both E and F get busy before Europe departures (3-6pm). But outside of those times, in my experience they're not too busy.
Old May 15, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by angra
you still need to have a PP membership (gratis with Amex Platinum) as well as your card on hand to enter, right? Just don't want OP caught off guard by this requirement if they decide to try this route.
I have Priority Pass through my Chase Sapphire Reserve card. It allows up to 2 free guests, probably similar to Amex Platinum. You don't need the physical card if you are logged into the Priority Pass app on your phone, but otherwise, yes, you need the card. They will likely ask for your boarding pass as well.
Old May 15, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare

Is D11 the old Continental club?
I have no idea but will go there from any concourse I am on to to experience it.
Old May 15, 2019, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by blueflyer3
Put me in the E & F fan club. One thing I'll add is that I feel like these clubs have more off-peak times than other ATL clubs. I've seen E get busy in the mornings (Caribbean flights) and both E and F get busy before Europe departures (3-6pm). But outside of those times, in my experience they're not too busy.
E and F always have the best food. More like meals than snacks at other ATL SCs geared towards international travelers.
Old May 16, 2019, 4:41 am
Original Poster

Hi again,

Thanks so much for your input - looking into them I think F would be our first choice. How early would we have to leave the Delta lounge to get to a different terminal? I’ve never flown domestically in the US before so I’m not sure when we would need to get to our gate. We arrive from the U.K. and have a five hour layover so I’m hoping after customs we will have an ample amount of time to enjoy the lounge.

Is there any way you can guess which concourse your flight will be departing from? It’s hard to plan without knowing this unfortunately!

Thanks again!
Old May 16, 2019, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Megan Murray
Hi again,

Is there any way you can guess which concourse your flight will be departing from? It’s hard to plan without knowing this unfortunately!

Thanks again!

You could look at a few days of past departures and see if there's a pattern. A lot of Washington/NYC/Dallas departures tend to be from T. MD-88/90 departures will often be from A or B. But there's really no way to be sure in advance, there are frequent gate swaps and you literally could depart from any concourse.

Get the app. If you have a five-hour layover it's pretty likely you won't have a gate assigned until well after you land, but the app should give you a notification once a gate is assigned. In any case, you can manually check. Moving from concourse to concourse via the plane train is pretty quick and shouldn't take more than 15 minutes from the F club to any gate.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Once airside you may go to any SC. B, E and F are the best ones. E and F have much better food options and F has an outdoor deck. There is an outstanding restaurant in E called One Flew South if you are interested.
Agreed - B,E,F - if domestic I use B but when I do my frequent TATLs back home it is F and sometimes E.
Old May 16, 2019, 6:56 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by Megan Murray

Thanks everyone for your feedback. Looks like E, F or B would be the best option. How long does it take to get from, say, F to B? I am worried that we will be pressed for time when our flight is called to get to the gate on time, but I’d like to go to the best Sky Club that I can, as we will be paying extra to admit guests.
I want to reiterate, so that you won't be caught off guard and have a bad day. Your flight will not be called to get to the gate on time.

I usually allocate 15 minutes for an easy walk + ride from SC F to arbitrary gates in other terminals, but your walking speed, crowds, etc, will affect this.

How long is your layover?
Old May 16, 2019, 7:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Originally Posted by jlc1978
With Amex Platinum I'd try the Priority Lounge in F. It has a wider selection of food and drink and all is free. It's right across from the SC on the upper level. I haven't checked recently but I have taken guest in for free as well.

you must be kidding. This “lounge” is about as farcical as they get. Literally every “The Club” outlet is better barring the closet at LAS T1
Old May 16, 2019, 7:06 am

Keep in mind that it is very quick to get from F to any of T, A, B, C, D or E (yes T is after A when coming from F) on the train. But please do keep in mind that if your gate is at the far end of any of these terminals that it can be quite a walk so leave yourself ample time.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:39 am

Each concourse is about half a mile from north to south. So coming from the train, it's no more than a quarter mile from the centerpoint to any gate.
Old May 16, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
My choice is either E or F. The have nice cubicles to work out of. B has decent food, but it's impossible to find a comfortable seat.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
E and F are the only Skyclubs with showers, to which I'd definitely avail myself in between flights.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WillBarrett_68
You could look at a few days of past departures and see if there's a pattern. A lot of Washington/NYC/Dallas departures tend to be from T. MD-88/90 departures will often be from A or B. But there's really no way to be sure in advance, there are frequent gate swaps and you literally could depart from any concourse.

Get the app. If you have a five-hour layover it's pretty likely you won't have a gate assigned until well after you land, but the app should give you a notification once a gate is assigned. In any case, you can manually check. Moving from concourse to concourse via the plane train is pretty quick and shouldn't take more than 15 minutes from the F club to any gate.
Thank you very much! Our flight is to Jacksonville, FL - do you track past departures on the app? Sorry for all the questions - can you tell I’m new to this?!

Just to check, when will we know which concourse our flight leaves from? Or will we have to hang around and have it announced with our gate? Do you know how far in advance they open boarding?

Thanks again!
Old May 16, 2019, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Keep in mind that it is very quick to get from F to any of T, A, B, C, D or E (yes T is after A when coming from F) on the train. But please do keep in mind that if your gate is at the far end of any of these terminals that it can be quite a walk so leave yourself ample time.
Thank you! If you don’t mind me asking, how long maximum would you recommend factoring in walking from a terminal to the assigned gate?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.