Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Milage Award, JFK-MRU RT in Business Class for 190,000 Skymiles - good deal?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry, TSA Pre√

I just used 190,000 Delta Skymiles (+ $176.23 for taxes/fees) to book a business class RT on Air France from JFK to Mauritius for January 2020. Granted, I have exceptionally long layovers in CDG each way (17+ hours and 10+ hours) and the 777-300 ER Caribbean-version planes AF uses for the 11 hour CDG - MRU leg aren't the best business class product, but... traveling this far in Business Class for so few miles seems like a steal! What's the farthest you've flown in Business (recently) for the least number of miles? Have you been able to go further with less? Or is this a fairly standard offering and I am just late to the party? Maybe traveling on AF via CDG is to be avoided? By comparison, I did see some itineraries that had the same deal flying on Saudia via Jeddah. Share your other current suggestions for going as far as possible on miles while sitting up front.

Last edited by TWAnonrev; May 14, 2019 at 9:49 am
Old May 14, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: DL 2 MM
Did you book that online or have to call in?

Seems decent to me. My best ones recently have been to Europe in D1 for < 100K miles during flash sales.
Old May 14, 2019, 9:46 am
Original Poster

I found the deal searching the Delta website, but had to call in and speak with an agent to actually get them to be able to complete the reservation.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You won't find anything cheaper to MRU than the AF CSM950 awards if that is what you are wondering.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

I wasn't expecting to be able to get to MRU for less... I was more just daydreaming about what other far-away exotic places there might be lower milage deals like this to.
Old May 14, 2019, 4:11 pm

Not exotic, but tomorrow I am flying LAX-BOS that I booked for 7000 miles.
atojbk, Air Houston and apodo77 like this.
Old May 14, 2019, 8:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In evaluating redemptions, instead of looking at how many miles you're flying, look instead at what it would have cost to purchase a ticket for your travel dates (possibly with some flexibility?) or for your exact flights.

Fares aren't directly related to the distance traveled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.