Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New DTW Skyclub (Open Dec 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2020, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by xliioper
Still not quite right if you are talking about when the terminal originally opened. NW and DL were not partners when McNamara and B/C opened 2002. Continental had gates in B because of NW partnership and golden share, but DL was still in Smith. DL moved over to McNamara in 2005 after NW/CO joined Skyteam in 2004. CO left McNamara in 2010 for North Terminal after it left Skyteam for Star Alliance in 2009 when NW's golden share was no longer valid due to DL/NW merger.
What was the golden share? I don't remember that being discussed at all.
Old May 18, 2020, 11:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I thought the golden share disappeared when CO joined Star Alliance?
Old May 18, 2020, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I thought the golden share disappeared when CO joined Star Alliance?
CO repurchased the golden share prior to entrance in Star. It was a preferred share held by NW that prevented CO from merging with anyone else without their permission, but once DL and NW merged, it freed CO to repurchase it and merge with someone else. NW bought a controlling stake in CO in 1998, but was sued by the DOJ over antitrust concerns and ultimately had to sell some of the shares back to CO so it wouldn't have a controlling interest. Eventually, CO repurchased back all the shares that NW had purchased except for the golden share which could not be repurchased by contractual obligations unless NW merged with someone else.

https://www.businesstravelnews.com/A...lidation/10492
Old May 19, 2020, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by A321neo
Based on the regulations smacked on SCs throughouts the states, it seems split. The LAX T2 SC has only self serve. The JKF SC has only bar-served (but limited to basic alc). And the SEA A SC has only nothing. So which "regime" prevails remains an open question.

That being said, I'd prefer the bar-served model, but I'd prefer bar served with the full range including pay-drinks. That being said, being restricted would surely help my broad desire to drink less.
I wonder if the two satellite lounges in A will have self-serve bars after all of this? I really appreciate not having to wait for a bartender every time, and it was always nice to grab a can of sparkling water for later!
Old May 20, 2020, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
I wonder if the two satellite lounges in A will have self-serve bars after all of this? I really appreciate not having to wait for a bartender every time, and it was always nice to grab a can of sparkling water for later!
I'm afraid the days of using a Starbucks cup to take a good, stiff drink to-go are long gone!
Old Aug 13, 2020, 7:28 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Any updates here? Or are the SkyClubs in DTW closed anyway?
Old Aug 13, 2020, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Delta SkyClub Closures & General Discussion During COVID-19

Centerpoint A club is open. Other 3 clubs are closed. I doubt the new one will open any time soon.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:33 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by xliioper
Discussed at the end of this thread -- DTW Sky Club - changes coming
It will be in the former LH lounge space.
Uh, no. The LH lounge is in the North terminal. Gate 41 is in McNamara.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: Delta, JetBlue, Marriott
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Uh, no. The LH lounge is in the North terminal. Gate 41 is in McNamara.
The reference is to the old LH lounge that existed when LH was in McNamara. LH used to operate its FRA flight out of McNamara until the international gates at North were completed.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 11:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by EBiafore99
The reference is to the old LH lounge that existed when LH was in McNamara. LH used to operate its FRA flight out of McNamara until the international gates at North were completed.
Yep, you could see the old LH lounge from the windows of the Centerpoint A SC by looking out over the retail area where passengers enter A after clearing TSA airport security on the upper level. It looked small but very nice, just apparently to the left of TSA on the upper level (same level as the SC seating areas, above the entrance with the reception desk).
Old Aug 14, 2020, 6:26 am

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by EBiafore99
You're right. I totally forgot about that.
Old Nov 3, 2020, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
B-C club finally reopening Nov 17
Old Nov 4, 2020, 6:12 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by hockeystl
B-C club finally reopening Nov 17
thanks for the update!! i had asked about this on the skyclub closure thread last week. Glad to see it opening.
Old Nov 4, 2020, 11:16 am

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Good.....A Club was starting to get a big busy during a couple of times I had been in there in evening departure bank.

Plus, they are running a ton of DCI flights out of B/C.
Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:15 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
I realize traffic is still recovering and may not reach pre-pandemic levels for some time, but is there any news about this? It was due to be open last summer. Seems like they could open this, and close the other one for a gut job. (Not that I want that to happen, I love the old one!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.