Search

DL360 or DM? (Can one be both?)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 4:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
DL360 or DM? (Can one be both?)

I thought you were either 360 or DM but not both?

i ask because all people who proudly display their brag tags just say 360 but I saw a diamond tag today and in small print it said 360 (like the same size of when the 1MM would be)

Old May 8, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Prior to 2019 (or 2018) there wasn’t a separate brag tag for 360 members, so they got what you saw today. Now there are specific 360 tags.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
AFAIK their BP’s still say Diamond, no?
Widgets likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Delta DM / 4MM; HHonors Diamond
Members with Delta’s “360” status still have normal Medallion levels. If they are Diamond, the boarding pass will read Diamond ... not 360.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: SPG LT Gold, DL PM 1MM
You're both...
- you get to diamond a few weeks before 360 and then you get invited to 360 which gives you additional benefits
- your BP says diamond
- plenty of staff don't know what 360 is, or they don't see it on their systems, so they treat you as diamond
- your my delta says "diamond" on the top; though says all of it on the left (360 / diamond / million miler)

indeed you just saw an old tag
Old May 9, 2019, 8:39 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by mayhem
You're both...
- you get to diamond a few weeks before 360 and then you get invited to 360 which gives you additional benefits
- your BP says diamond
- plenty of staff don't know what 360 is, or they don't see it on their systems, so they treat you as diamond
- your my delta says "diamond" on the top; though says all of it on the left (360 / diamond / million miler)

indeed you just saw an old tag
Thanks, was curious as it was not something I had seen before.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: Status? What's status?
I would venture a guess and say that all 360s are also Diamond. Even though there are no published requirements for 360, it's probably safe to say that if you're traveling/spending enough to qualify for 360, you're also qualifying for regular Diamond.
Old May 10, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: DL DM 2.4MM
I had a colleague that was Plat and 360 (a couple years back). She had moved her travel from UA to Delta. I'm guessing it was to try and attract her continued business.
Old May 25, 2019, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta 360/DM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Avis PP

We're kind of both - so when I log in, it says Diamond Medallion at the top, then I have Delta 360 (which is not a "clickable" link), and then I have million miler after that. Boarding passes all say Diamond Medallion - seems like you have to look pretty hard because most systems seem to just tell them you are Diamond.

I had a flight on Sunday where the lead flight attendant actually went through the numbers on the PA - ". . .want to say thank you for the 10 Diamond Medallions, 15 Platinum, 20 Gold, and 25 Silver" (numbers aren't accurate as I can't remember what they were). Curious, I chatted with her after a trip to the bathroom and asked if she knew if there were any 360 members on board, and she proceeded to explain to me that 360 members are very rare and not all flights even had a 360 on them. I asked her if she knew I was a 360 member, and after a minute of disbelief, she proceeded to look it up and show me what her handheld showed her. Seems as though when she refreshed her screen I showed up to her as a 360, but she believed I was showing up as Diamond at first or at least that it was showing her that I was Diamond and not 360. She was very apologetic - I let her know I really didn't care and was genuinly curious as to how the Delta systems counted 360 members since she took the effort to go through counts at level on the flight.
Old May 25, 2019, 10:53 pm

Programs: UA GS, Delta PM/2MM, Marriott Ambassador Elite/Lifetime Plat, Hilton Diamond
As others have said, it's an add-on to the standard levels in the system. I've had some FAs acknowledge my status specially, and I've had others ask me what 360 is! Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Gate agents, when they recognize the status, move heaven and earth. I've been the cause of a walk-on-the-boarded-airplane-and-offer-$1200-so-this-guy-can-get-from-CHS-to-ATL situation before just due to a weather delay when there's no obligation :grimmace: - not sure that would've happened as a one of many DMs in our market.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:29 am

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by mayhem
360 has been communicated more systemwide - many employees know that it exists but do not quite know what it's about or how one attains it. For ground agents, they can see it in your record - it's coded as "TS" as part of your credentials in the record.
Old May 26, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
360 has been communicated more systemwide - many employees know that it exists but do not quite know what it's about or how one attains it. For ground agents, they can see it in your record - it's coded as "TS" as part of your credentials in the record.
Any idea what TS stands for?
Old May 26, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: DL, AS, 7H, KS
Originally Posted by DL-Don
Any idea what TS stands for?
Three Sixty
Rhinolicious and strickerj like this.
Old May 27, 2019, 3:29 am

I find more and more flight attendants quietly stop by and recognize 360 status. Most simply say, and you are 1 of our most valued/special flyers...done quietly and discreetly, I actually really appreciate it. Someone mentioned the other day that they learned something about it in recent training. Same as above DM/360, but just shows as diamond on any docs.
Old May 27, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Several months ago I boarded behind a guy with a 360 tag who was greeted as a 360 by the GA, but his boarding pass showed he was a GM. There has been speculation that Delta grants 360 to strategic individuals (e.g. heads of corporate travel departments) in addition to high value customers; I chalked it up to that.
MSPeconomist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.