Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reclaim My Status - Consolidated Threads

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by tentseller
When My rollover runs out hopefully DL will have enough 350s to reinstate SEA HKG.
DL has more than enough planes for this route. Fares to HKG are dirt cheap right now. That's likely the problem, not fleet size
Old May 9, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond
Does anyone know if I can begin my three-month window with a flight that's already booked? I'm currently platinum, former diamond, but I have an expensive international business class trip coming up (already booked), with a few NY-LA trips after that.
Old May 9, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by HarryLime
Does anyone know if I can begin my three-month window with a flight that's already booked? I'm currently platinum, former diamond, but I have an expensive international business class trip coming up (already booked), with a few NY-LA trips after that.
With Delta’s typical status challenges, flights already booked count; I doubt this will be different.
HarryLime likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by kjnangre
If that was the plan, why would they go out of their way to set up the program in the first place. I personally see no indication that DL is insincere.
LOL. Why do the hotels go out of their way to set up their rate guarantee programs, and then do everything possible to deny claims? It's a marketing and PR tool. Let's see what happens as people start to make claims.
Old May 9, 2019, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by hotturnip
LOL. Why do the hotels go out of their way to set up their rate guarantee programs, and then do everything possible to deny claims? It's a marketing and PR tool. Let's see what happens as people start to make claims.
False! They do it because they really want you to book directly with them, that way they don't have to pay out commissions.

In this case, what incentive does DL have to set up this program? If anything, it will just encourage their frequent flyers to not worry about letting their status slip, because they know that they can get back later. That means less business for DL.

I just don't understand your cynicism.

Last edited by Mountain Explorer; May 9, 2019 at 8:23 pm
Old May 10, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.7MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT DM
I received an email about this from DL yesterday. I have been DM every year since the charter year and fell to PM for 2019 due to medical issues that kept me from traveling the last quarter of 2018. I haven’t called in and I’m not sure that I will. The downgrade hasn’t been as bad as I expected and I’m on target for DM for next year. It is nice to have the option though, and great that DL is offering this program!
Old May 13, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
Originally Posted by mridley2
I'm sure one PM who couldn't' fly for a 4-5 weeks was what did it for Delta! No doubt.

I think it's a smart business move on Delta's part. As I would not qualify for any status reclaim (and don't need it now anyway) I'm not thrilled about more PM's to compete with for upgrades. But if the shoe were on my foot i would indeed appreciate this benefit from Delta.
I agree that it is a smart business move, I'm just not sure what the exaggerated snark was for...

I still can't figure out when/why to use this at this point. I'll make PM this year anyway, but I think I'd like the bonus of getting it earlier.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I just applied last weekend. Haven't heard back whether it's been accepted yet, and my status hasn't changed.
Old May 18, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
As another data point, I applied this past Sunday and have yet to hear anything back. Has anyone who applied received a response from Delta on whether or not your request was accepted?
Old May 22, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta SM, Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Scott H
I just applied last weekend. Haven't heard back whether it's been accepted yet, and my status hasn't changed.
Just got an email from Delta saying my status reclaim was approved. So it was about 10 days or so from the time I applied until approval.
Old May 24, 2019, 10:23 am

I just submitted my reclaim.
I used education, I just completed my PhD.
I'll let this be another data point.

I do think this a great program, and now that I've graduated I'll be traveling more again, so I thought going from GM to PM was worth it.
I debated when the best time to submit the claim would be, decided I might as well go ahead with it.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:04 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Data point from a relative: Applied on 5/22, received approval yesterday (2 days processing time).
Old May 25, 2019, 2:19 pm
Suspended

For those keeping score at home, I lost DM for 2019, dropped to PM, applied for DM through the recovery program on May 20th and got approved 4 days later. I claimed a medical hardship. WTC/9-11 related ailment.,
Old May 28, 2019, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Wimsta
I just submitted my reclaim.
I used education, I just completed my PhD.
I'll let this be another data point.

I do think this a great program, and now that I've graduated I'll be traveling more again, so I thought going from GM to PM was worth it.
I debated when the best time to submit the claim would be, decided I might as well go ahead with it.
Submitted on Friday and was approved in the wee hours this morning.
Old May 29, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond,
By any chance, will MQMs acquired from a DL Reserve card bonus count for the purposes of this challenge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.