Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status (new status recovery program announced)

Reclaim My Status (new status recovery program announced)

Old Feb 20, 20, 10:21 pm

Programs: DL PM
I got mine approved in 9 days.
Old Feb 28, 20, 7:50 am

Location: Based in DCA, but spending much time in Chile, Arizona, northern England, and airports
Programs: DL PM; Delta Amex Reserve
Originally Posted by 1oftheLuvs View Post
I followed up on my submission, which was sent exactly two weeks ago today. I have a flight on Thursday, which I really wanted to count toward qualifying, so I called.

They directed me to the "Comments/Complaints" link on the website. I sent out a comment and received a response back within about 30 minutes. Happily, I'm all set for my flights Thursday. If it's been two weeks since you filed and you have a flight coming up soon, I definitely recommend going that route.
I went this route as well. I had to call the regular Medallion line to change a flight next week. When we were finished with that, I asked the agent if he knew about the Reclaim my Status program. I was expecting a "no," but he immediately said that they were pretty backed up. Since it had been two weeks yesterday, I went the 'Complaints/Comments" route suggested here, and this morning I received the email that I'm back at Platinum.

I think this is a great idea and I've seen no evidence that Delta is doing anything sneaky or trying to deny anyone. It seems they're just backed up and being a polite squeaky wheel is the way to go.
Old Feb 28, 20, 8:55 am

Programs: Delta DM
Originally Posted by Ispahan1 View Post
I went this route as well. I had to call the regular Medallion line to change a flight next week. When we were finished with that, I asked the agent if he knew about the Reclaim my Status program. I was expecting a "no," but he immediately said that they were pretty backed up. Since it had been two weeks yesterday, I went the 'Complaints/Comments" route suggested here, and this morning I received the email that I'm back at Platinum.

I think this is a great idea and I've seen no evidence that Delta is doing anything sneaky or trying to deny anyone. It seems they're just backed up and being a polite squeaky wheel is the way to go.
What was the turnaround time from submitting your Complaint/Comment online until you got the status adjustment email?
Old Feb 28, 20, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm wondering if they'll end end up allowing people impacted by coronavirus travel restrictions to apply for this next year...
Old Feb 28, 20, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by rylan View Post
I'm wondering if they'll end end up allowing people impacted by coronavirus travel restrictions to apply for this next year...
If it gets worse, maybe. I could be screwed here. Since I just started this challenge before this ramped up. I will easily make it as the schedule is. We got our first corporate email and it hasn't affected our travel yet but time will tell on the future.
Old May 15, 20, 7:41 pm

My status challenge started March 3. I completed one international round-trip, returning to the US on March 9, before suspending all my travel. Obviously there was no way I was going to complete the challenge, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this e-mail from Delta today:

"A few weeks ago, we announced several updates to the SkyMiles® Program to ensure that valued Medallion® Members like you are taken care of when you’re ready to start flying again, including extending 2020 Medallion Status through January 2022.

As part of that, knowing how important Status is to your travel experience, you are eligible to restart Reclaim My Status at any time once your travel picks back up.

If you weren’t able to successfully complete Reclaim My Status the first time, here’s what you need to know when you’re ready to start over again:
  • Visit the Reclaim My Status enrollment page
  • Enter the SkyMiles Number used in your original enrollment
Your three-month complimentary Status and new challenge qualification period will begin immediately upon enrollment.

For now, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the information and guidance you need to make informed decisions about your travel. Thank you for your continued loyalty, trust and support; and we look forward to serving you again whenever you are ready to fly."

It doesn't seem like there is any end-date by which we must restart the challenge. I know they're dealing with a lot right now, so I was impressed they focused on restarting these incomplete challenges.
Old May 16, 20, 8:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey View Post
My status challenge started March 3. I completed one international round-trip, returning to the US on March 9, before suspending all my travel. Obviously there was no way I was going to complete the challenge, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this e-mail from Delta today:

"A few weeks ago, we announced several updates to the SkyMiles® Program to ensure that valued Medallion® Members like you are taken care of when you’re ready to start flying again, including extending 2020 Medallion Status through January 2022.

As part of that, knowing how important Status is to your travel experience, you are eligible to restart Reclaim My Status at any time once your travel picks back up.

If you weren’t able to successfully complete Reclaim My Status the first time, here’s what you need to know when you’re ready to start over again:
  • Visit the Reclaim My Status enrollment page
  • Enter the SkyMiles Number used in your original enrollment
Your three-month complimentary Status and new challenge qualification period will begin immediately upon enrollment.

For now, please know that we remain committed to providing you with the information and guidance you need to make informed decisions about your travel. Thank you for your continued loyalty, trust and support; and we look forward to serving you again whenever you are ready to fly."

It doesn't seem like there is any end-date by which we must restart the challenge. I know they're dealing with a lot right now, so I was impressed they focused on restarting these incomplete challenges.
To me, it's ambiguous about whether the trip you took in March will count. I would have guessed yes from the word restart, but then it seems to say that you will be given a full three months from the date you pick, which would be consistent with previous travel not being included in the challenge.

Please report back when the details become clear.

If you get three months starting from zero, there shouldn't be an expiration date on the offer I would think, but who knows what DL's logic is here.
Old May 16, 20, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
To me, it's ambiguous about whether the trip you took in March will count. I would have guessed yes from the word restart, but then it seems to say that you will be given a full three months from the date you pick, which would be consistent with previous travel not being included in the challenge.

Please report back when the details become clear.

If you get three months starting from zero, there shouldn't be an expiration date on the offer I would think, but who knows what DL's logic is here.
I actually had assumed we'd be starting over from 0 (prior trips wouldn't count), and that appears to be the case from the terms (when I click through to the enrollment page):
"Here’s what you need to know:
  • By submitting your SkyMiles® Number, your 3-month complimentary Diamond Medallion Status will begin immediately, so make sure you are ready to start traveling in order to maximize your promotional period.
  • Once you register, you will have 3 months from the date of registration to meet the requirements for Diamond Medallion Status:
    • 31,250 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) OR 35 Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs)
    • AND
    • $3,750 Medallion Qualification Dollars (MQDs) or the MQD Waiver*
  • If you meet the requirements, your 3-month complimentary Status will be extended through January 31, 2022"
Normally you can only do this once every 3 years, so it's another bite at the apple. In my case I already have about 200k MQM and $10k MQD so far this year, so if I were to start traveling again later in the year I would likely also make DM under the normal rules. But it's nice to have this option.

Last edited by Billy Mumphrey; May 16, 20 at 3:23 pm
Old May 18, 20, 8:40 am

Programs: DL PM/MM (lost DM 2020) , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Tolerater, AA Hater
This program has actually been around for a while.

I was planning to do it before covid hit as I dropped from DM to PM for the first time. It would have been actually easier for me to reup DM through reclaim than achieve PM for next year. However, my 2019 rollover would have been lost. Still a good deal.

Now with the status rollover I keep PM for 2021 and then rollover everything for 2022 so it would be foolish for me to do this. I'm on the sideline for 2020 and will start hitting it in January for 2022 status. It will be easy since I will have around 50K rollover by then. Just need MQD via 1-2 Virgin or China trips if those are still options. I have plenty of upgrades that were extended to use since PM's don't get upgraded much. All I am really losing is the DM choice bennies (which is alot I know).

Last edited by dilbertsdaddy; May 18, 20 at 8:45 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: