Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Reclaim My Status (new status recovery program announced)

Reclaim My Status (new status recovery program announced)

Old Nov 23, 19, 8:42 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Employee was approved for the reclaim my status to Diamond. The day he hit Silver, he got an email confirming such, and his status changed immediately or the next day on the Delta App for next year's status. Same thing when he hit Gold. A week ago he got an email saying "Congratulations you've earned Platinum with Reclaim my Status" - yet his "next year's status" has not changed on the App. It still shows 2020 as being Gold.

Should he be worried? On the website it says that the changes will reflect within 5 business days. He is concerned because most of his traveling is on SkyTeam airlines (very little on Delta) - and the MQMs have been crediting correctly, and based on the terms and conditions SKyTeam MQM's are fine. but he still has plenty of time to fly delta if need be for additional miles.
Old Nov 23, 19, 12:00 pm

Programs: DL PM / 1MM "Enhancee" (Frequent Flyer) Since 1990
Status renewal

This PM didnít get the email regarding this program. Is it targeted to certain skymile members?

Last edited by heckler; Nov 23, 19 at 12:30 pm
Old Nov 23, 19, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by heckler View Post
This PM didnít get the email regarding this program. Is it targeted to certain skymile members?
There was an email that went out in May titled "When Life Happens, Weíre Here To Help". It's essentially like doing a match/challenge except instead of matching from another airline you're matching to status you previously held but no longer do for one of the listed reasons.

https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...my-status.html
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 28, 19, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Question regarding Rollover MQMs. I am Silver but will lose status next year because I traveled less after having a child. I have 60,000+ MQMs this year which will expire if I don't hit Silver. If I Reclaim my status next year, would those MQMs still roll over? I've read Delta's FAQs on the Reclaim My Status page but I don't think they answer this question -- only whether MQMs from next year would roll over to the following year.
Old Nov 28, 19, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Psidium View Post
Question regarding Rollover MQMs. I am Silver but will lose status next year because I traveled less after having a child. I have 60,000+ MQMs this year which will expire if I don't hit Silver. If I Reclaim my status next year, would those MQMs still roll over? I've read Delta's FAQs on the Reclaim My Status page but I don't think they answer this question -- only whether MQMs from next year would roll over to the following year.
Welcome to FT!

IMO if they intended it to work out that way they would have explicitly said so. It *could* be an oversight or a situation they didn't think of when writing the terms -- certainly examples of ambiguity abound elsewhere on the DL web site -- but this one seems unlikely to me. That's just my opinion though.

How many MQDs do you have already? Usually the conventional wisdom is that Silver isn't worth pushing for if you lack the MQMs, but in your case having a bunch of MQMs to roll over changes the equation I think, esp. if you expect your travel to pick up again next year. It might then be worth flying the needed MQDs to attain Silver and rollover 40k+ or to MS your way to the AMEX waiver and thus hit Gold (but then only rollover 10k+, or 20k+ with the DL Plat boost)

Out of curiosity does the 60K include rollover from last year into this year? Otherwise 60k MQMs for under $3k spend is fairly impressive...

EDIT: I just saw your other post saying you are $300 MQDs short. IMO that makes it worth going for.
Old Nov 29, 19, 6:46 am

No. I did this program in October. I had 150k in rollover at risk as I had not flown DL for a while.

The way the program works is this:

1. You will earn MQD/MDM as normal.
2. when you hit the reduced targets you get the status. So for instance- as I went through to diamond I hit silver and on. I kept that status even if I did not get all the way back up to diamond.
3. You cannot status jump with this - if you were not diamond before you have to stop at the level you were.
4. They take the mqm's at the end of the year for the status. In my case, I earned 40k mqm's putting me at 190k mqms. next year I will rollover 65k mqm's. If I had only earned silver I would have rolled over 165k mqm;s.

my advice would be to apply this year - and hit it. they will likely retain the rollover that way. Silver int his program is very easy to hit if you fly much at all.
Old Nov 29, 19, 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Out of curiosity does the 60K include rollover from last year into this year? Otherwise 60k MQMs for under $3k spend is fairly impressive....
Yeah, it includes about 35k Rollover MQMs. I just barely missed Gold last year too. I think my situation is a result of prioritizing MQMs and MQSs in past years -- I keep missing on MQDs and rolling over more and more MQMs each year.

I'm going to fly the $300 MQDs and keep the rollovers. With the head start, next year will be a good year to try to hit Gold.

And thanks for the welcome. Long time lurker, first time poster
Old Nov 29, 19, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingBeanCounter View Post
my advice would be to apply this year - and hit it. they will likely retain the rollover that way. Silver int his program is very easy to hit if you fly much at all.
Thanks. I thought about that, but I think for the program to work I have to have lost status already. I have Silver this year, so I have to wait until next year to apply. At least that's how I read the FAQs: "You are not able to submit a request for a Tier you currently have and your Status must have already changed before submitting a request."

I think this leaves me taking a MQD run in December.
Old Nov 30, 19, 7:57 am

Thanks. I thought about that, but I think for the program to work I have to have lost status already. I have Silver this year, so I have to wait until next year to apply. At least that's how I read the FAQs: "You are not able to submit a request for a Tier you currently have and your Status must have already changed before submitting a request."

I think this leaves me taking a MQD run in December.

I was silver this year and did it. I lost diamond at the end of 2017 but earned silver in 2017 and 2018 (for 2019).

They are pretty permissive with this - I think you can qualify now. So long as hit silver this year you are good.
Old Dec 17, 19, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Let me make sure I understand this.

I am currently DM. 1Q2019 resulted in zero travel due to medical issue. I will only get enough to get to GM for 2020. So, as I understand, I must wait until after Jan 1 to apply (since I haven't yet dropped). Surely I don't need to wait until Feb. 1, do I? They won't let me apply BEFORE Jan. 1 at the earliest, right? I should be able to meet the DM requalification during 1Q and that will get me DM until 2022?

My brain hurts too much to figure out choice benefits.
Old Dec 17, 19, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by indufan View Post
Let me make sure I understand this.

I am currently DM. 1Q2019 resulted in zero travel due to medical issue. I will only get enough to get to GM for 2020. So, as I understand, I must wait until after Jan 1 to apply (since I haven't yet dropped). Surely I don't need to wait until Feb. 1, do I? They won't let me apply BEFORE Jan. 1 at the earliest, right? I should be able to meet the DM requalification during 1Q and that will get me DM until 2022?

My brain hurts too much to figure out choice benefits.
According to the T&Cs, you must wait to submit your request until your status drops to a lower level, so you can submit it anytime theoretically from February 1st, 2020 - the end of the year. As far as Choice Benefits go, you won't be able to select them until you complete the challenge.

T&Cs from DL.com
If you have not yet lost your Status or moved to a lower Tier but anticipate losing it due a life event you are currently experiencing, you must wait to submit your request until your Status changes.
  • If you enroll in Reclaim My Status between January 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 and you meet the thresholds, your Medallion Status will be extended through January 31, 2022

Will I be eligible to select Choice Benefits?

Members who receive three months of complimentary Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status will not be eligible to select Choice Benefits if they do not meet the thresholds to extend Status beyond the complimentary 3-month period.

If you meet the thresholds to earn Diamond or Platinum Medallion Status, you will then be eligible to select Choice Benefits for the following year. For example: If you are enrolled in Reclaim My Status on 6/1/19 and earn Platinum Medallion Status through Reclaim My Status on 8/15/19, you will earn Platinum Medallion Status until 01/31/21. You are then eligible to select 2020 Choice Benefits (which you have until 1/31/21 to select, but you can choose to select them immediately). Learn more about Choice Benefits.

Last edited by MCO Flyer; Dec 17, 19 at 5:50 pm
Old Dec 19, 19, 10:47 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.9 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I got my e-mail from Delta yesterday (12/19) afternoon.

Delta wants a cash payment of $4,995 for me to be promoted from PM to DM, even though I'm just $4,644 MQDs short of DM (with rollovers, I'm sitting on 192,875 MQMs, so I'll have 117,875 MQMs to start off 2020).

I had surgery last week and I'm on the shelf, flying-wise, until early February. I'm not sure how much domestic air travel I'm going to do in 2020, even though I can see 3MM in the distance (I've got 111,000 MQMs to go). I think I'm going to pass on Delta's "offer" and be happy with PM status for 2020.
Old Dec 20, 19, 12:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ND76 View Post
I got my e-mail from Delta yesterday (12/19) afternoon.

Delta wants a cash payment of $4,995 for me to be promoted from PM to DM, even though I'm just $4,644 MQDs short of DM (with rollovers, I'm sitting on 192,875 MQMs, so I'll have 117,875 MQMs to start off 2020).

I had surgery last week and I'm on the shelf, flying-wise, until early February. I'm not sure how much domestic air travel I'm going to do in 2020, even though I can see 3MM in the distance (I've got 111,000 MQMs to go). I think I'm going to pass on Delta's "offer" and be happy with PM status for 2020.
This sounds like a "buy your status" offer that many of us can see in our DL FF accounts around this time of year. DL uses personal prices that seem to be higher for higher tiers to be achieved. Often the offers involve purchasing MQDs at about a 1:1 price, although the package includes MQSs (worthless to many of us) and MQMs that are added to rollover.

"Reclaim Your Status" is a new DL initiative to permit those who have lost status due to medical/family events (or AFAICT military deployment) to essentially receive a (free) status challenge to earn back the previous status level.
Old Jan 8, 20, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
The Delta page has this to say:

Will I receive Rollover MQMs if I meet the thresholds?

If you successfully complete Reclaim My Status, you are eligible for Rollover MQMs based on your earned Medallion Status (but only for the MQMs earned above the published annual Medallion Status qualification threshold).

They go on to give a specific example, but it only covers reclaiming Silver. However in other gifted/complimentary status situations it seems like you can rollover any MQMs in excess of whatever highest level you achieve the "normal" way even if that is lower than the complimentary status, so presumably the same thing would occur here.
I am assuming all 2020 MQM rollovers are now complete, and if that's the case, I can report on above. I qualified for DM via reclaim my status program. Absent the program, I would have qualified for PM for 2019, with about 95K MQM and $18K MQD. Despite being 20K MQM over PM threshold, I did not receive any MQM rollover.
Old Jan 8, 20, 10:23 pm

I changed jobs in 2019 which limited my flying. Technically my 2019 status lasts through 1/31/20. However it will change effective 2/1/20.

Does anybody know if I can submit the request now or must I wait until Feb 1st?

I probably will submit the request as I have a couple bigger trips booked at the end of Jan / beginning of Feb. The worst they can say is 'no' and then I reapply later.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: