Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using Virgin Atlantic to book DL domestic Awards, SDC

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL

I'm planning to use Virgin Atlantic miles to book DL domestic awards (first class), as PM, could I still same day SDC to any available first class seats? Thank you!
Old May 9, 2019, 9:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
It really depends.

Last edited by CatchFlightsNotFeelings; May 17, 2019 at 12:32 am
Old May 10, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
Yes, but be ready to HUCA and set aside an hour for this. PM me
DL can take over and reissue a VS 932 ticket as a 006 DL one?

I mean it should be easy, as VS is using the DL reservation system out of Atlanta, I just thought that DL would be restricting their res agents from doing so, to be in line with its anti-customer stance.
Old May 10, 2019, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ
DL can take over and reissue a VS 932 ticket as a 006 DL one?
Yes! Had a schedule change on a DL transcon VS award.
Called DL for reaccommodation on better flights without award inventory constraint.
DL rebooked into C booking class, reissued onto 006 stock, and I earned over 20K back at 400% into VS for the roundtrip that cost 45K.
Old May 10, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Colin
Yes! Had a schedule change on a DL transcon VS award.
Called DL for reaccommodation on better flights without award inventory constraint.
DL rebooked into C booking class, reissued onto 006 stock, and I earned over 20K back at 400% into VS for the roundtrip that cost 45K.
Lucky you. I had a VS ticketed DL flight canceled. Wanted to rebook it on an alternate routing. DL refused to touch the VS ticket, saying they will do nothing as they are not the ticketing carrier. VS of course said they can't do anything as DL will not assist them. Had to cancel it, due to DL refusing to help me or VS, even though it was due to DL canceling their own flight. (Had to book it using other airline instead...which is what DL sure is pushing its customers to do more and more nowadays, leaving no choice, really.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.