Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Do I need to do immigration and checkin at SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do I need to do immigration and checkin at SIN?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
If you had your boarding pass from checking in at a previous segment/origin then yes you'll get asked at the gate security check since they'll have the list of who still needs to be interviewed.
If you use the transfer desk then you would normally get asked there... they set up a little 'podium' with the security officer and they do the interview before you go to the counter.
It depends how early you goto transfer counter. If more than T-3 they'll check you in. You'll then answer at gate, as the person that "interviews" you isn't at transfer desk.
Old May 8, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Did that change recently where they'll check you in for DL even though they don't have the DL sign and are processing other airlines? Its been about a year since I was there, but at that time I went to the transfer desk and was told I had to come back later when they opened for DL checkin at 230am
Old May 8, 2019, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by rylan
Did that change recently where they'll check you in for DL even though they don't have the DL sign and are processing other airlines? Its been about a year since I was there, but at that time I went to the transfer desk and was told I had to come back later when they opened for DL checkin at 230am
The transfer desk doesn't handle just one airline like the landside checkin positions. They handle all carriers that are contracted with dnata at all times. You can checkin anytime within 24 hrs of the flight at transfer desk on airside. Well as long as an employee is there.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Sorry, couldn't check FT until now. Once again thanks for all the help

Based on what I saw in Internet JetStar uses T1, so that shouldn't be a problem. Have PP, and can use the lounge or will get a room in Transit hotel assuming I can get the Delta boarding pass air side at the Transfer desks. And worst case, even though I would like to avoid as it seems unnecessary, will do the immigration and checkin at the Delta counter
Traveling in Delta Comfort Plus, so no Delta lounge access. Will not go to the gate too early and as I remember SIN does security check at the gate and once done will be stuck inside. Don't want to do shopping, but will grab some food and find a quiet place to sleep, if can't or don't want to use transit hotel
Old May 9, 2019, 9:48 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by flyer0123
Have PP, and can use the lounge or will get a room in Transit hotel assuming I can get the Delta boarding pass air side at the Transfer desks. [...]
Traveling in Delta Comfort Plus, so no Delta lounge access.
FWIW, DL doesn't have their own lounge at SIN -- and since you have PP you'll have access to the one they contract with for J pax anyway
Old May 9, 2019, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If you plan to use the transit hotel at SIN, you really should make a reservation.
Old May 9, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zorak
FWIW, DL doesn't have their own lounge at SIN -- and since you have PP you'll have access to the one they contract with for J pax anyway
Good to Know
Old May 9, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If you plan to use the transit hotel at SIN, you really should make a reservation.
yes, thinking of doing that. Thanks
Old May 9, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah the transit hotel tends to sell out weeks ahead.
Old May 9, 2019, 1:31 pm

Programs: DL DM
SIN departure

I’ll be traveling to SIN in September (first time there). The return DL flight from SIN-NRT leaves super early in the morning at 0545 (reminds me of the old BKK flight). What time should one arrive at the airport? Since I’ve never been to SIN not sure what to expect. I’ll be in D1, however my spouse will be in C+. Also, is the lounge offered to D1 pax worth a visit?
Old May 9, 2019, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GagaPilot
I’ll be traveling to SIN in September (first time there). The return DL flight from SIN-NRT leaves super early in the morning at 0545 (reminds me of the old BKK flight). What time should one arrive at the airport? Since I’ve never been to SIN not sure what to expect. I’ll be in D1, however my spouse will be in C+. Also, is the lounge offered to D1 pax worth a visit?
Check-in open 3 hours before. At the hour the place is quite empty. I normally don't get there till just before hour prior. Immigration is a breeze. You can use the egate in most cases . Security is at the gate.
Lounge is decent and will be empty.
GagaPilot likes this.
Old May 9, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: Skymiles GM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Hertz 5*
I had a separate reservation on KLM preceding my Delta flight and then slept airside overnight after the KLM flight landed (why does Delta insist on early am departures...).

I thought everything was set since I had gotten the baggage checked all the way to YYZ (DPS-SIN-NRT-DTW-YYZ) by KLM at Denpasar. When I went a couple hours before the flight to the transit desk, I did the security questions there, and the staff deleted the old baggage #'s and came up with new tags. Apparently, they had been "looking" for me the entire time... I had initially tried to check-in when I landed at ~midnight but was turned away so who really knows?
Old May 10, 2019, 1:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SoroSuub1
I had a separate reservation on KLM preceding my Delta flight and then slept airside overnight after the KLM flight landed (why does Delta insist on early am departures...).

I thought everything was set since I had gotten the baggage checked all the way to YYZ (DPS-SIN-NRT-DTW-YYZ) by KLM at Denpasar. When I went a couple hours before the flight to the transit desk, I did the security questions there, and the staff deleted the old baggage #'s and came up with new tags. Apparently, they had been "looking" for me the entire time... I had initially tried to check-in when I landed at ~midnight but was turned away so who really knows?
I'm guessing they retagged so bags could do ITI at DTW? Otherwise I've never had them retag bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.