Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Using AMEX Platinum Companion Ticket after downgrading

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using AMEX Platinum Companion Ticket after downgrading

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However the timing suggests that AmEx views it as a perk for paying the annual card fee.
That is how I view it too (although their execution seems to allow some wiggle-room). I forgot the T&Cs of the promotion, but if it does say, earn a free companion fare upon holding of card for a year, then the above poster is correct, but if it says, earn a free companion fare certificate upon renewal, then you are right. Either way, like everything else, there are the T&Cs and the actual execution of the T&Cs.
Old May 7, 2019, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
There are many successful data points of doing exactly this, yes -- I've done it twice with different cards.

I *have* also seen people report certs that did get clawed back, but success vastly outnumbers failures as far as I'm aware.

​​​​​​P.S. welcome to FlyerTalk!
Are they actively clawed back, as in removed from the person's Delta Profile Wallet? Or are they clawed back in the sense they are still in the wallet, but then treated as invalid when one tries to book? Or even worse, the booking goes through, but then they later say that the prices is double?
Old May 7, 2019, 2:13 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by HIFlya
Are they actively clawed back, as in removed from the person's Delta Profile Wallet? Or are they clawed back in the sense they are still in the wallet, but then treated as invalid when one tries to book? Or even worse, the booking goes through, but then they later say that the prices is double?
I saw at least one person say in a Facebook group that the cert was removed from their Wallet. I would be pretty confident that once booked you're good to go.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak
I saw at least one person say in a Facebook group that the cert was removed from their Wallet. I would be pretty confident that once booked you're good to go.
Thanks for the information. I was expecting that to be the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.