Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Fly Delta app 4.18, checking in from AMS

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES

Last month Delta released a new version, i've downloaded & installed that latest version of the Fly Delta app.
It's states:
What's new in version 4.18:
• Introducing Modify Flight! A new feature that allows you to make changes to your existing trip via the Flight Details page.
• Departing from Paris or Amsterdam? You can now use the Fly Delta app to seamlessly check in and view your boarding pass.
• You can also now check in directly for your Delta flights that are operated by our partners Air France and KLM.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes to keep things running smoothly.

I'm hoping to depart from Amsterdam tomorrow and was eager to try those new features so i decided to check in through the app.
However when i do this i'm being still being forwarded to the KLM site as happened in the past, same story when using Delta.com:

Advisory
There seems to be an issue with checking you in.
We will redirect you to KLM check-in page to continue with your check-in.

Anyone checked in lately using the app for a flight departing from AMS and noticing anything different or are you stil being forwarded to their partners as in the past/pre 4.18 release?
Old May 6, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta 1MM/PM, BAEC GGL, Asiana Diamond Plus(Lifetime), AC *Tangerine
KLM does all of the check in operations for DL at AMS, Whether you use the app or the online site you're going to end up at KLM anyway. It's been a while since I've actually gone landside at AMS but I seem to remember that the staff is still in KLM uniforms except for the actual Delta employees who tend to be managers and Red Coats to deal with the real problem issues that need higher level authorization(s).
Old May 6, 2019, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ttuna3
KLM does all of the check in operations for DL at AMS, Whether you use the app or the online site you're going to end up at KLM anyway. It's been a while since I've actually gone landside at AMS but I seem to remember that the staff is still in KLM uniforms except for the actual Delta employees who tend to be managers and Red Coats to deal with the real problem issues that need higher level authorization(s).
However recently DL enhanced delta.com and Delta app to allow checkin even for flights that you would in past be sent to AF/KL for OLCI. At least that is what they've said is supposed to happen.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ttuna3
I guess you were so excited to reply to the post that you forgot to read it first. With the latest app, DL has added the ability to checkin for flights from CDG or AMS
Old May 7, 2019, 7:52 am

Programs: DL Platinum, 1 MM
I was trying to check in on the app last week for a flight from STR to MSP. The app died a couple of times at various points in the checkin process. Then I got an error message whose exact wording I forgot. I was something to the effect of "no mobile boarding pass because different airlines". After a couple of hours I just checked the app and my mobile boarding passes were showing without me doing anything else. Go figure. I'd say web children doing the app development again.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for your feedback.
The Fly Delta app appearanty did recognze that KLM checked me in, showing 'checked in' at the 'flight details' page. However no boarding pass available through the app at the 'flight details'page.
The 'today' part still did show 'Check-In'

Flying AMS-MSP-SAT AUS next tuesday, Delta (006) ticketed, marketed and operated. Let's see what will happen on that trip.

Last edited by Grouchy; May 7, 2019 at 1:17 pm
Old May 7, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Last month Delta released a new version, i've downloaded & installed that latest version of the Fly Delta app.
It's states:
What's new in version 4.18:
• Introducing Modify Flight! A new feature that allows you to make changes to your existing trip via the Flight Details page.
• Departing from Paris or Amsterdam? You can now use the Fly Delta app to seamlessly check in and view your boarding pass.
• You can also now check in directly for your Delta flights that are operated by our partners Air France and KLM.
• Performance enhancements and bug fixes to keep things running smoothly.

I'm hoping to depart from Amsterdam tomorrow and was eager to try those new features so i decided to check in through the app.
However when i do this i'm being still being forwarded to the KLM site as happened in the past, same story when using Delta.com:
I see exactly the text grouchy posted in the Google Play store description of the Fly Delta app.

Interestingly, at least on Android, the app itself (Feed -> News -> Welcome to Fly Delta 4.18) only claims one new feature as "new" in this version:
Fly Delta 4.18
What's new in this version

Need to Change Your Flight?
Our new Modify Flight feature lets you make changes to your itinerary directly from the app. Now available in My Trips!
I wonder if they were able to pull the CDG/AMS feature (due to it not working, for example) without modifying the app itself in the store?
Old May 8, 2019, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Grouchy
Thanks for your feedback.
The Fly Delta app appearanty did recognze that KLM checked me in, showing 'checked in' at the 'flight details' page. However no boarding pass available through the app at the 'flight details'page.
The 'today' part still did show 'Check-In'

Flying AMS-MSP-SAT AUS next tuesday, Delta (006) ticketed, marketed and operated. Let's see what will happen on that trip.
Hopefully you'll get to experience the new Skyclub on way back. Not sure how long you're in town, but I've been told the club opens this month.
Old May 8, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp
I see exactly the text grouchy posted in the Google Play store description of the Fly Delta app.

Interestingly, at least on Android, the app itself (Feed -> News -> Welcome to Fly Delta 4.18) only claims one new feature as "new" in this version:

I wonder if they were able to pull the CDG/AMS feature (due to it not working, for example) without modifying the app itself in the store?
Something did change, i don't think they pulled the AMS/CDG (at least) completely.

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Hopefully you'll get to experience the new Skyclub on way back. Not sure how long you're in town, but I've been told the club opens this month.
Guess the people of Austin, New Braunfels & San Antonio have enough of me after a day or ten so iirc i'm flying back on May 25th.
However this webpage says 'summer'?

https://www.delta.com/us/en/delta-sky-club/news-updates
Old May 14, 2019, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Tried again earlier today. This time everything happened in the Delta app and got a 'KLM BP' with a Delta look in the Delta app; the Delta PNR changes into a KLM one resulting in the loss off some data: lost GE/Pre-check and my FF status on the domestic part.
Got it back later when check-in opened for the domestic leg and i checked in seperatly through data.
App also insisted my AMs flight would leave at 2:22PM (my domestic departure time), however the BP worked at AMS (E-gates SP, KL lounge and at the gate)

Good effort but KLM still looses a lot of data @AMS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.