Wiki Posts
Search

Delta(Skyteam) earnings to Pakistan?

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Delta(Skyteam) earnings to Pakistan?

Hello Everyone,

traveling to Pakistan to attend a friend wedding, i am a delta sky gold member love to earn some mqms, but delta doesn’t offer any route to Pakistan! Any suggestion please? flying from IAD.

Old May 5, 2019, 8:57 pm

Book on Saudia and give your Delta SkyMiles number
Alijan likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Skyteam partner Saudia flies to Pakistan.
Alijan likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davie355
Book on Saudia and give your Delta SkyMiles number
not trying to picky but how good is there service :s ?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by Alijan

For some destinations you may only have Hobson's Choice as to carrier. Also you need to be flexible on carriers to get you there rather than earning miles etc

Without looking at actual routings you may have to fly via AMS or CDG (on KL and AF respectively) which are still sky team but may not suit yout schedule and budget.

use a tool such as google flights to enter your start and end airports and see what options it comes up with.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; May 5, 2019 at 9:53 pm
Old May 5, 2019, 11:53 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Saudia is a non-drinking airline. The flight kitchen at IAD puts out some good meals on other SkyTeam airlines. The last time I checked they had 4 flights per week out of IAD, 2 to Riyadh and 2 to Jeddah. Good luck!
Old May 5, 2019, 11:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ND76
Saudia is a non-drinking airline. The flight kitchen at IAD puts out some good meals on other SkyTeam airlines. The last time I checked they had 4 flights per week out of IAD, 2 to Riyadh and 2 to Jeddah. Good luck!
However I believe they allow you to serve yourself. (May be Kuwait air I'm thinking of)
Old May 6, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat

You might want to look at the Other Middle Eastern airlines forum on FT and search for Saudia.
There is at least one poster (albeit a few years old) who thinks Saudia is a 'hidden gem' of an airline.
Saudia is a hidden gem!

I've seen some good business deals JFK-Asia using SV but haven't booked any. My preference is finding something on a Tier 1 ST partner.
Alijan likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
If you don't want to book Saudia, you can take DL/AF/KLM all the way to DXB or AUH and then take a separate EK or EY ticket the rest of the way
Alijan and Quinlanty like this.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Until end of year China Southern is still in Skyteam. They fly to two destinations.
Alijan likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
For some destinations you may only have Hobson's Choice as to carrier. Also you need to be flexible on carriers to get you there rather than earning miles etc

Without looking at actual routings you may have to fly via AMS or CDG (on KL and AF respectively) which are still sky team but may not suit yout schedule and budget.

use a tool such as google flights to enter your start and end airports and see what options it comes up with.
Originally Posted by ND76
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However I believe they allow you to serve yourself. (May be Kuwait air I'm thinking of)
Originally Posted by mot29
You might want to look at the Other Middle Eastern airlines forum on FT and search for Saudia.
There is at least one poster (albeit a few years old) who thinks Saudia is a 'hidden gem' of an airline.

I've seen some good business deals JFK-Asia using SV but haven't booked any. My preference is finding something on a Tier 1 ST partner.
Originally Posted by Duke787
If you don't want to book Saudia, you can take DL/AF/KLM all the way to DXB or AUH and then take a separate EK or EY ticket the rest of the way
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Until end of year China Southern is still in Skyteam. They fly to two destinations.

Thank you each and everyone i am thinking taking @Duke787 advice or flying to Europe with AF to FRA then take a separate FRA TO DXB, DXB TO PAK do i need to pay attention while booking( code share) dont know what exactly to look for etc..? i am working on getting status with delta this year

Thank you again all
Old May 6, 2019, 11:26 am

Programs: DL Plat
Thank you each and everyone i am thinking taking @Duke787 advice or flying to Europe with AF to FRA then take a separate FRA TO DXB, DXB TO PAK do i need to pay attention while booking( code share) dont know what exactly to look for etc..? i am working on getting status with delta this year

Thank you again all
if you have avios points flying into doh might be a good option, since you can then take qatar to lahore/karachi
Alijan likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runningformqm
if you have avios points flying into doh might be a good option, since you can then take qatar to lahore/karachi
no i dont
Old May 6, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
I went to Karachi last March. I booked on KLM to Cairo. Did a few days in Cairo and then flew Emirates to Karachi via DXB. On the way back I flew Karachi to AMS via DXB on Emirates. Then flew outbound on KLM.

I found it very difficult to try and match up flights between different alliances (ie fly into DXB on AF/KLM and then out on Emirates or PIA). I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you give yourself an incredible amount of buffer time.
Alijan likes this.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OP should be careful about the routing. Depending on his/her passport, visas could be required, for example to transit KSA, and there could also be some health requirements such as meningitis vaccine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.