Wiki Posts
Search

Transcontinental D1 routes?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2019, 5:43 am
Original Poster

Transcontinental D1 routes?

Hi,

For the sake of me I cannot find an accurate list of the transcontinental flights with D1 cabins. For instance I found one from two years ago stating there was BOS<>SFO, but whatever dates I put it doesn't show up.
I have a couple of upgrade coupons to burn this year and I'd rather not waste them on silly First upgrades.

Thanks if you can help
Old May 4, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, AA Plat Pro, F9 Elite 100k
Old May 4, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
That page is out of date; for example, it lists BOS-SFO as having D1 seats, while that ceased being true late last year. I don't know of a single source that shows all D1 TCON flights.
Old May 4, 2019, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
I don't know of a single source that shows all D1 TCON flights.
Even if somebody did the work to build such a listing DL's next schedule change could obsolete it.

To get the OP started:

All JFK-LAX/SFO
both of the BOS-LAX (at least for next Wednesday)
a few ATL-LAX (look for the lie-flat icon on the res page)
the single DCA-LAX (although that didn't show the lie-flat icon on the date I checked it did show a lie-flat 75S seat map)
ATL-HNL
MSP-HNL
the seasonal DTW/JFK-HNL
Old May 4, 2019, 8:18 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
There's also a once daily JFK-SAN, JFK-SEA, and JFK-LAS that is marketed as D1 with lie flat seats

The ATL-LAX, at least, is not marketed as D1 despite using wide body equipment
mediator likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
There's also a once daily JFK-SAN, JFK-SEA, and JFK-LAS that is marketed as D1 with lie flat seats

The ATL-LAX, at least, is not marketed as D1 despite using wide body equipment
That's a good point. There surely are routes that see lie-flat aircraft (even if just intermittently) that are not marketed as D1 with the full meal & bedding experience.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:32 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The likely reason for not publishing such a list and the reason it is so difficult to create one here is that D1 is not simply the hard product, but the soft product as well as lounge and perhaps better check-in at LAX.

DL does provide limited D1 service on routes other than xJFK, but not necessarily on all services and not necessarily all the time. Thus, if one is trying to find D1 service, there is no substitute looking at the schedule for the route and date in question.

In addition, DL does occasionally sub in aircraft it generally operates as D1 into non-D1 service. Still the lie flat seat without a few of the soft product bells & whistles.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All three daily BOS-LAX flights are now D1 (up from 2 out of 3). As already noted, BOS-SFO is no longer a D1 route and both daily flights are now domestic F. The single daily DCA-LAX flight remains D1.
Old May 4, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back in Reds Country (DAY/CVG). Previously: SEA & SAT.
Programs: DL PM 1MM, AA PLAT, UA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
a few ATL-LAX (look for the lie-flat icon on the res page)
While many ATL-LAX flights have been operated with D1-equipped aircraft, it has never been marketed as a D1 flight. Service is standard domestic F.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:24 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Yeah it's a changing game, since most routes can support D1 service. The LAX-BOS use to be all D1 but then last year they started dropping one of the flights to normal domestic service.

I'm on LAX-ATL-BRU-ATL-BRU in J/F soon, but booked on 777-767-767-777, so oddly the domestic portion would have the nice D1 suites but FC service, and the D1 service on the international portion but the older biz seats (if only they would finish all the D1 seat updates this summer!!)
Old May 5, 2019, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
Yeah it's a changing game, since most routes can support D1 service. The LAX-BOS use to be all D1 but then last year they started dropping one of the flights to normal domestic service.

I'm on LAX-ATL-BRU-ATL-BRU in J/F soon, but booked on 777-767-767-777, so oddly the domestic portion would have the nice D1 suites but FC service, and the D1 service on the international portion but the older biz seats (if only they would finish all the D1 seat updates this summer!!)
Will all the 777s be upgraded by then?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by xliioper
All three daily BOS-LAX flights are now D1 (up from 2 out of 3). As already noted, BOS-SFO is no longer a D1 route and both daily flights are now domestic F. The single daily DCA-LAX flight remains D1.
Does LAX-BOS get upgraded catering with multiple courses?
Old May 5, 2019, 9:57 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Does LAX-BOS get upgraded catering with multiple courses?
If it's marketed as Delta 1, yes
Old May 5, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
If it's marketed as Delta 1, yes
No. Domestic Delta One is single tray service (for app/salad/main), with dessert served after. They do serve some sort of nuts in a dish with the first beverage (the specific mix and flavor of nuts depends on the route - Rosemary Bar Nuts from JFK, BBQ seasoned marcona almonds from LAX, etc.)
Old May 5, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you read the press release, LAX-BOS started at 2 of 3. The current schedule is showing 3 of 3. The PDF schedule lists the aircraft (75W/76W/332/333/777/77L/359 are D1 equipment) on a flight. If you have a route in mind, it's fairly straightforward to lookup --
https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de..._schedules.pdf

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.