Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL EZE lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2019, 8:02 am

Location: Birmingham, AL (weekdays) and Atlanta, GA (weekends)
Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I was there last month and the food choices seemed to be upgraded. It was getting closer to (but not quite) a SkyClub. There appeared to be some pasta and such. There were some crackers w chicken salad between them, I think.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by BostonGuy
I was there last month and the food choices seemed to be upgraded. It was getting closer to (but not quite) a SkyClub. There appeared to be some pasta and such. There were some crackers w chicken salad between them, I think.
AX Lounge is a zoo in the evening. AR lounge is very quiet in comparison. F&B is much better than a couple of years ago. Le Pain Quotidien has been doing much of the catering, and provides little sandwiches and other assorted snacks. I was last in both lounges in March.

As far as the taxi worries of counterfeit notes, note that the $100 (the most widely used banknote) is worth just a bit over US$2, so even if you're "taken," it is de minimis. As for the steakhouse comments, note that most of the "very informal (and cheap)" places are serving feedlot beef, as most of the country's cows are now grain fed.
Old May 3, 2019, 6:33 pm

Programs: DL, HHonors, Bonvoy, Hyatt
Talking

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Le Pain Quotidien has been doing much of the catering, and provides little sandwiches and other assorted snacks.
I haven't been there for a year. LPQ??? Délicieux!
Old May 4, 2019, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EZEDoesIt
I haven't been there for a year. LPQ??? Délicieux!
It is far from gor may, but it is a lot better than the old crap, and better than what the AA lounge serves, and also, better than most of what the AX lounge has (except the bubbles. Sometimes I'll now go to the AX lounge first and have a glass of bubbles).
Old May 4, 2019, 1:19 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
I was there last November, flying AM biz. Went to the AR lounge, it is huge and very very quiet at night. The empanadas that I had were pretty tasty (and I had two week of eating them already in Argentina), so would highly recommend those. Didn't do a shower but on the side, if you have time to head up to Iguazu Falls, do it. IT'S SPECTACULAR!!! AR flights from the city airport were easy and the IGR airport has a priority lounge which is simple but quiet.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I was there last November, flying AM biz. Went to the AR lounge, it is huge and very very quiet at night. The empanadas that I had were pretty tasty (and I had two week of eating them already in Argentina), so would highly recommend those. Didn't do a shower but on the side, if you have time to head up to Iguazu Falls, do it. IT'S SPECTACULAR!!! AR flights from the city airport were easy and the IGR airport has a priority lounge which is simple but quiet.
I agree but you really want several days at the Falls, in order to see both the Argentina and Brazil sides. I thought it was well worth it to stay overnight in both of the respective hotels located within the parks in order to get early morning and late day access, when most of the tourists are gone, and also to see the falls at sunset.

BTW domestic flights are expensive for foreigners, so it can be a good use of DL miles. I found availability easily.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I agree but you really want several days at the Falls, in order to see both the Argentina and Brazil sides. I thought it was well worth it to stay overnight in both of the respective hotels located within the parks in order to get early morning and late day access, when most of the tourists are gone, and also to see the falls at sunset.

BTW domestic flights are expensive for foreigners, so it can be a good use of DL miles. I found availability easily.
I agree, 2 nights. I did one night at the Belmond which is a great hotel and booked a room with falls views, which is just stunning. I arrived at 8 am for check-in and was offered either breakfast or to go to the Falls before the tourist arrive (~945-10). I didn't get over to the Argentina side (saving it for another trip lol) and would recommend the in park hotels so get in before everyone and after everyone. Had the falls basically to myself the second morning.

I booked my flights directly with AR on their website and it was $100 round trip in advance.
jaimemayo likes this.
Old May 4, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I had a suite in the Sheraton (RIP, on the Argentina side) with a huge terrace with lots of wildlife.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I had a suite in the Sheraton (RIP, on the Argentina side) with a huge terrace with lots of wildlife.
I was offered an upgrade to the Presidential Suite at the Belmond. It was HUGE and awesome.
Old May 7, 2019, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD
I was offered an upgrade to the Presidential Suite at the Belmond. It was HUGE and awesome.
I'm so jealous. Their regular rooms are somewhat small and plain.
Old May 9, 2019, 6:52 pm

I booked via a Belmond Bellini Club agent, so you got a better room, upgrade if available, a resort credit and free breakfast but was the same rate that was offered online directly booking it.
Old May 9, 2019, 9:02 pm

IIRC I booked through FHR and got the breakfast and probably a $100 F&B credit but no upgrade as the hotel was full. I remember checking the Grand Luxury Hotels and Belmond websites, which were both offering higher rates. Somewhat more importantly for me, I got the guaranteed 4 pm checkout.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 2:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Bumping the most recent thread I could find -- I flew on DL110 from EZE Monday night, and they were sending D1 pax to the LATAM lounge by gate 9.

We'd had a largish lunch so I didn't scope out the F&B situation too closely, but there were some sandwiches (one type was roast beef), packages of chips, etc. plus a typical array of sodas etc. in fridges and a booze counter (an attendant was hovering around and helped out, although I saw some people self-serve also).

Side note, the DL app originally had the flight leaving from gate 7 and said terminal A. The EZE airport website could maybe word things slightly better, noting that international _arrivals_ are all at A, but AR and some Skyteam flights _depart_ from C. Roadway signs also say Delta is in C. But the taxi driver, upon hearing "Delta" said "ah, international" and took us to A, which since the app said A, I didn't contest (I couldn't remember what the setup the last time I flew DL out of there). It turned out C was correct :-/ and after we walked from our A dropoff to C (fortunately not that far) and checked in, the app finally updated to say gate 18, C terminal
Old Sep 8, 2022, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Zorak
Bumping the most recent thread I could find -- I flew on DL110 from EZE Monday night, and they were sending D1 pax to the LATAM lounge by gate 9.

We'd had a largish lunch so I didn't scope out the F&B situation too closely, but there were some sandwiches (one type was roast beef), packages of chips, etc. plus a typical array of sodas etc. in fridges and a booze counter (an attendant was hovering around and helped out, although I saw some people self-serve also).

Side note, the DL app originally had the flight leaving from gate 7 and said terminal A. The EZE airport website could maybe word things slightly better, noting that international _arrivals_ are all at A, but AR and some Skyteam flights _depart_ from C. Roadway signs also say Delta is in C. But the taxi driver, upon hearing "Delta" said "ah, international" and took us to A, which since the app said A, I didn't contest (I couldn't remember what the setup the last time I flew DL out of there). It turned out C was correct :-/ and after we walked from our A dropoff to C (fortunately not that far) and checked in, the app finally updated to say gate 18, C terminal
The thing is that Gate 18 is in "B" which will just be part of the new single terminal if/when it ever opens. You can just as easily depart from Gate 18 if you're departing on AA, UA, DL, or pretty much any other airline. It is the landside part that is different - A or C. There's no landside B.

Depending on how long ago you last departed EZE on DL, you could have very well (and likely) departed using the A check-in area. Clear as an EZE summer sky during a thunderstorm or a winter sky in a fog bank
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The thing is that Gate 18 is in "B" which will just be part of the new single terminal if/when it ever opens. You can just as easily depart from Gate 18 if you're departing on AA, UA, DL, or pretty much any other airline. It is the landside part that is different - A or C. There's no landside B.
Right -- I knew it didn't matter once we got airside, but if we'd heeded the EZE website and the roadway signs it would've saved us walking from A to C in order to get to the DL check-in counter.

Depending on how long ago you last departed EZE on DL, you could have very well (and likely) departed using the A check-in area. Clear as an EZE summer sky during a thunderstorm or a winter sky in a fog bank
Labor Day 2018 (flew UA in 2019)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.