250 Miles for completing survey

Old Dec 12, 18, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
"How about 250 miles?" Survey

Just got one of those how about some miles surveys and found an interesting piece asking if Delta offered you the option to purchase a Delta branded carry on size piece of luggage for $149 would you buy it? It had a picture too but i unfortunately did not think to screenshot it while taking it.

Has anyone seen them asking this before? Seems like a first, and wondering what they are thinking about selling?
Old Dec 12, 18, 12:16 pm

Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
I did not receive the survey nor would I buy Delta-branded luggage for that price unless it was me getting Tumi for $150. Or if it came with Diamond Medallion luggage tags permanently attached.
Moootz, jamesteroh and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 12, 18, 2:57 pm

Programs: Delta PM, SPG, Hertz Presidents Circle, CLEAR/Global Entry
No Email here either...must be targeted. Can you attach a link that we can use?
Old Dec 12, 18, 5:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I've gotten these 250 miles surveys, including one of them a couple days ago IIRC, but the questions it asked were very different.
EarlVolFan likes this.
Old Apr 10, 19, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA 1K
Got one this morning asking for feedback specifically about SkyMiles/Medallion program, so the questions were focused on miles/benefits (i.e. nothing directly about airport/SC experiences) and included things like:
  • How likely are you to recommend Delta Air Lines
  • How likely are you to recommend SkyMiles (interesting they separated these)
  • Which of the following ways to earn miles were you aware of
  • Which of the following ways to spend miles were you aware of
  • Rate how easy it is to earn miles
  • Rate how easy it is to use them (lol)
  • Which of the following Medallion benefits were you aware of
  • Rate availability of comp upgrades (lol)
  • How happy are you with elite recognition
  • Have you selected GUCs and if so how happy are you with that choice
  • Over the past year what % of your GUCs have you been able to use on your first phone call for your desired flight (thought this one was the most interesting)
  • Which of these airlines do you: not fly/fly without membership/fly as general member/elite member (AA, AS, B6, WN, UA)
Old Apr 10, 19, 9:44 pm

Programs: Delta DM HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
Got one this morning asking for feedback specifically about SkyMiles/Medallion program, so the questions were focused on miles/benefits (i.e. nothing directly about airport/SC experiences) and included things like:
  • How likely are you to recommend Delta Air Lines
  • How likely are you to recommend SkyMiles (interesting they separated these)
  • Which of the following ways to earn miles were you aware of
  • Which of the following ways to spend miles were you aware of
  • Rate how easy it is to earn miles
  • Rate how easy it is to use them (lol)
  • Which of the following Medallion benefits were you aware of
  • Rate availability of comp upgrades (lol)
  • How happy are you with elite recognition
  • Have you selected GUCs and if so how happy are you with that choice
  • Over the past year what % of your GUCs have you been able to use on your first phone call for your desired flight (thought this one was the most interesting)
  • Which of these airlines do you: not fly/fly without membership/fly as general member/elite member (AA, AS, B6, WN, UA)
rcvd same today, filled it out the same way I presume you did based on your comments.

although, itís really really easy to use miles! Just not near the value they used to be and getting worse.
Old Apr 11, 19, 10:20 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
I did not receive the survey nor would I buy Delta-branded luggage for that price unless it was me getting Tumi for $150. Or if it came with Diamond Medallion luggage tags permanently attached.
...unless it came with diamond medallion status permanently attached.
Old May 2, 19, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
250 Miles for completing survey

Hi all: I just received and completed a survey that offered 250 miles for answering questions. The questions all focused on the lounge experience while traveling internationally, asking me to compare Sky Club with DL partner lounges as well as AA and UA lounges. Interesting, I wonder if they are considering opening a D1 lounge to compete with Polaris?
Old May 2, 19, 1:30 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I got the same email.
Old May 2, 19, 1:33 pm

Programs: DL
Got it too, although havenít opened it yet. This is my first ďpaidĒ survey.
Old May 2, 19, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Working in marketing I’d be curious to know the segmentation logic DL’s team uses when determining who to send this survey to. As someone who flys DL international J 5-6x a year and didn’t get this survey, just curious what criteria they use.

(and if this is a survey aimed at understanding what their international passengers think of DL’s lounge options vs AA & UA’s lounges I think 250 miles is very low. That’s like $2.50)
Old May 2, 19, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
I recently returned from an international trip, perhaps that has something to do with it? Also, I am based in a city that is a UA hub, but I fly DL. Maybe that's also a factor?
FSUnole03 likes this.
Old May 2, 19, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, GlobalEntry, Admirals Club, United Club
Originally Posted by FSUnole03 View Post
Working in marketing Iíd be curious to know the segmentation logic DLís team uses when determining who to send this survey to. As someone who flys DL international J 5-6x a year and didnít get this survey, just curious what criteria they use.

(and if this is a survey aimed at understanding what their international passengers think of DLís lounge options vs AA & UAís lounges I think 250 miles is very low. Thatís like $2.50)
Would it be more common for companies to pick a larger population and sample from that, or just adjust the criteria so they have a small enough population that they can send it out to the whole population?
Old May 2, 19, 2:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588 View Post
Would it be more common for companies to pick a larger population and sample from that, or just adjust the criteria so they have a small enough population that they can send it out to the whole population?
Great question, and the answer is subjective among each company. If I worked at DL, given how large their database is, I would want to cast as wide a net as possible to get as much feedback/response data as I could. They have so much data on you that even with casting a wide net they can get very granular with who they survey.

Not sure if DL does that or cares enough to. They may very well just want a small sample and be done with it.
Old May 2, 19, 3:13 pm

The survey I got indicated it was because I flew international D1.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: