Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MSP F/G Sky Club - air conditioning down, apparently long-term

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G Sky Club - air conditioning down, apparently long-term

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2019, 9:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's also bad compared to SQ's TPR at SIN, but so what?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Wow this thread went south a bit. I’m in MSP F/G SC right now and I can feel the AC blowing on me.

Although B to F is no treat at MSP. High/Low A to High/Low C/D/E at ATL also isn’t much fun.
jrkmsp likes this.

Last edited by puck021; Apr 25, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by puck021
Wow this thread went south a bit. I’m there right now and I can feel the AC blowing on me.
No kidding, I felt "long term" was a bit dramatic. They aren't going to go without a/c for any long term duration.

MSP is by no means my favorite airport, but goodness it isn't bad. Sure are some haters....

But the Skyclub bathrooms.... those are pretty gross. Am I imagining things or do they actually employ a toilet flusher?
puck021 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Can't they bring in a portable AC unit or two?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Collierkr
Can't they bring in a portable AC unit or two?
as I mentioned, the AC was working this morning.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:55 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Wow this thread went south a bit. I’m there right now and I can feel the AC blowing on me.

Although B to F is no treat at MSP. High/Low A to High/Low C/D/E at ATL also isn’t much fun.

as I mentioned, the AC was working this morning.
Sorry, I as well did not understand your first post as stating that the air conditioning problem is now fixed. Great news!
puck021 likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM & 2MM™, Lifetime HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by jrkmsp
There's definitely a bit of hometown pride, but I find MSP to be a lovely airport.
It is better than some of the other hubs of the other airlines but it is pretty terrible for connections. I really can't think of one worse for Delta except maybe LGA.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by indufan
It is better than some of the other hubs of the other airlines but it is pretty terrible for connections. I really can't think of one worse for Delta except maybe LGA.
Like any airport, depends on the connection.
Did F11 to G1 the other day, with the Skyclub in between it was actually a great connection. Would rather do that in an hour than get from E to A in ATL.

If you are comparing worst case to worst case, I suppose MSP can be bad in some cases. I am no MSP apologist mind you, but terrible is a bit unfair.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Originally Posted by defrosted
No kidding, I felt "long term" was a bit dramatic. They aren't going to go without a/c for any long term duration.

MSP is by no means my favorite airport, but goodness it isn't bad. Sure are some haters....

But the Skyclub bathrooms.... those are pretty gross. Am I imagining things or do they actually employ a toilet flusher?
A balanced comment but is it really that difficult to press a button in First World Countries?
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond; VS Gold; Uber Diamond
Isn't C the sorta janky club? The one without hot food and DTW-style drinks?

Did F11 to G1 the other day, with the Skyclub in between it was actually a great connection. Would rather do that in an hour than get from E to A in ATL.
IMO, any connection in ATL is easy as long as you're not running from one end of a pier to the other.
SJC ORD LDR likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by CatchFlightsNotFeelings
Isn't C the sorta janky club? The one without hot food and DTW-style drinks?.
It was one of the last new clubs built by NWA. Many like it for the layout and the cozy feel in the winter, and the high end finishings that it was designed with. NWA built it at a time when clubs only served packaged snacks, but the physical space is usually considered to be nicer than the F club, and is most often much less crowded. It's far down the C terminal though, so it's really only good if you are flying out of that end of the airport.

Last edited by jdrtravel; Apr 22, 2019 at 6:59 pm
Old Apr 22, 2019, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
It was one of the last new clubs built by NWA. Many like it for the layout and the cozy feel in the winter, and the high end finishings that it was designed with. NWA built it at a time when clubs only served packaged snacks, but the physical space is usually considered to be nicer than the F club, and is most often much less crowded. It's far down the C terminal though, so it's really only good if you are flying out of that end of the airport.
Or, the high numbered G gates...
puck021 and MSPeconomist like this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 8:36 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

If you are comparing worst case to worst case, I suppose MSP can be bad in some cases. I am no MSP apologist mind you, but terrible is a bit unfair.
The really bad MSP connections would be high F gates to A/B, but if your flight uses A/B, it's already bad news as you'll have a small RJ (or worse, as I've seen baby airplanes smaller than the CRJ-200 parked there).
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:14 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
MSP works, despite the layout. As someone who is physically fit and doesn't mind walking, it doesn't bother me.

F can get a bit crowded a times, and I really don't care for the F Skyclub, the rest of MSP is great.

I've been booking a 30 minute connection through MSP, which involves a mainline -> RJ connection and made it every time. Granted I'm right at MCT so I'm playing with fire, but I honestly don't care if I miss it since I can always catch a later flight in the day.

This morning arrived at F4, departed from B4, made it in 15 minutes just walking/moving sidewalks and no tram, including a restroom pit stop.
Usually my flight in from DTW arrives at C/D but occasionally its F.
Its one of the longest treks and shortest connection times and it works. Granted when I have 1+ hour on the return flight, its a cake walk.
I also much prefer the C SkyClub since its quieter, has better seating options, better decor, and better outside views.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 8:20 pm

There's still a sign up in the F/G SC apologizing for the AC and suggesting that the C SC is cooler.

Despite this, I saw a line stretching out the door, perhaps twenty people, waiting to enter the F/G SC at about noon today. I haven't seen anything like it at MSP since the DL IT meltdown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.