Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Remote/Bus Gates at LGA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Remote/Bus Gates at LGA

the new Delta terminal at LGA is still a ways away from opening, but it can't come soon enough for me. I fly out of CVG weekly and the last few weeks every flight from CVG has landed at and departed from those remote gates at LGA. Cant stand them.
1) the bus is never/rarely ready when you arrive. just adds time to an already insane airport.
2) its really fun when it rains
3) priority boarding does NO good since everyone mixes on the bus on the way to the plane, so the later you board the bus the sooner you are on the plane. Brilliant.

Sorry for the rant but i am really frustrated with them. Has me considering connecting to LGA just to get a mainline at a real gate with a jet way.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
Has me considering connecting...
Dare I even suggest it - Newark?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Not a bad option. I’ve used ewr a few times for meetings in the NJ area. How is it from mid town to ewr?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:34 am

The last time I flew into LGA, I got a bus gate and it was great!! My first thought was why can't we get these in SEA rather than sitting on the plane for 45 minutes after landing waiting for a gate to open up every other time.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 10:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Dare I even suggest it - Newark?
Then OP would have to deal with EWR. I'd consider JFK first, and at least enjoy the skydeck.
Spiff likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Then OP would have to deal with EWR. I'd consider JFK first, and at least enjoy the skydeck.
totally agree. I have had issues with EWR as well. The main one being the pre check lite that they tend to use at the Delta terminal.

yes, i'm a travel diva
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:52 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Plat
totally agree. I have had issues with EWR as well. The main one being the pre check lite that they tend to use at the Delta terminal.

yes, i'm a travel diva
Not sure how recently you've been through the DL part of Terminal B at EWR, but Precheck has been open the past 3 times I've gone through there, at various hours of the day. It used to be the case that it was only Precheck lite, as you said, but it looks like they finally got their act together at some point in the past 6 months. I wonder if it has something to do with the additional pax traffic from the UA and NK flights that also now leave out of that concourse.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 11:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What about CLEAR to PreCheck?
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cory6188
Not sure how recently you've been through the DL part of Terminal B at EWR, but Precheck has been open the past 3 times I've gone through there, at various hours of the day. It used to be the case that it was only Precheck lite, as you said, but it looks like they finally got their act together at some point in the past 6 months. I wonder if it has something to do with the additional pax traffic from the UA and NK flights that also now leave out of that concourse.
Fair point. I haven't flown in.out of EWR this year., Last time was December.

as for CLEAR: i don't recall EWR having clear last time but that may have changed. Side note: i have gone to the wrong CLEAR in DFW a few times that leads to the non pre check line. I wonder how many people have CLEAR and do NOT have pre check. Interesting.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
There's a deeper schedule CVG-EWR than DL CVG-JFK.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 12:23 pm

Need to be more specific about mid town and if you mean east or west side plus time of day and willingness to take public transportation.

I have learned to deal with the remote gates though not my favorite they are better than connecting and minus being annoying I agree with others in that you never have to wait twenty minutes for a gate
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
There's a deeper schedule CVG-EWR than DL CVG-JFK.
Yeah DL runs CVG-EWR multiple times a day. CVG-JFK is 1x daily timed for connections.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)
3) priority boarding does NO good since everyone mixes on the bus on the way to the plane, so the later you board the bus the sooner you are on the plane. Brilliant.
Even worse, those A holes who are one of the first to get on the bus and stand in front of the luggage rack forcing others to try and get around them because they have to be first off.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
What about CLEAR to PreCheck?
No CLEAR at EWR
Old Apr 16, 2019, 4:09 pm

I don't think there's any part of manhattan where I'd rather go to JFK than to EWR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.