Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning Delta MQMs on Air Europa

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Question Earning Delta MQMs on Air Europa

Hi. I've searched old forums for an award chart of sorts for earning Delta Skymiles on Air Europa-marketed flights. I don't see any there, and I've been unable to get Delta's blasted website to show me an award table of fare classes eligible for full or partial MQM earning. I see only text on the website for UX flights, and that doesn't show the fare class earnings information I need. (Can't get the site to show me earning percentages for ANY partner airlines, actually).

Does anyone happen to have the guidelines for earning these Delta MQMs for various Air Europa fare classes? Or any link that works? I take it few fare classes are earning anything, but it would be great to have that info.

I'm hoping to repeat a nice sum of Delta MQMs I received in 2018 for booking a very cheap China Eastern-marketed JFK-PVG-KUL flight. I earned for the JFK-PVG portion after having to hassle Delta agents, since the flight didn't automatically credit for me and my Silver Medallion status -- an apparent problem on China Eastern's part. (Didn't earn Delta MQMs on the PVG-KUL leg as it was operated by Shanghai Airlines, the agent said.)
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Here's the link I can't get to work. It's the main Delta partners page. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by penelopebeach
Here's the link I can't get to work. It's the main Delta partners page. https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-partners.html
When I click on your link and click further (first on the red arrow to the right of AirEuropa and then in the box to see earnings after XXX) I see a chart showing earnings by fare class, but I can't scroll up to check that it's really for AirEuropa.

Maybe you should try on a different device/computer system or with a different browser.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When I click on your link and click further (first on the red arrow to the right of AirEuropa and then in the box to see earnings after XXX) I see a chart showing earnings by fare class, but I can't scroll up to check that it's really for AirEuropa.

Maybe you should try on a different device/computer system or with a different browser.
Mind pasting that info you see, @MSPeconomist? I only see text -- no chart that should clearly be there -- when I click the red arrow.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
First click the red arrow. In the text that appears, there's a box (with text in the box that says something like "earnings after <date>") and you need to then click the box.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:25 pm
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks. I feel quite stupid. But what a bad website design! Not intuitive to click what looks like just a header.

Looks like Full Economy -- classes Y, B, M -- are the ony ones to earn 100% MQMs. L class is 50%, Discounted economy K, H, V, E is 50%, and Deep Discount Economy Q, R, S, U, T, F are 25%.

Now -- if I can get a way to see the fare class before purchasing, that would be awesome. (Some posters on earlier Flyertalk posts on this topic state that it's more difficult than usual to see the fare class before purchase on Air Europa.)
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:54 pm

I'm on a device and as I said earlier, I can't seem to scroll up/down on the chart that appears in a box. The MQM numbers I see agree with what you posted, but I don't see the line at all for deep discount Q R S U T F for 25%.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

I've had problems with Delta's site before -- doesn't matter what browser or device. It happened some years ago when there must have been an upgrade.

I definitely see that deeply discounted line. Sadly, what I don't see is any Delta MQM credit for fare classes Z, P or N -- all of which are the only cheap fares offered. (For anyone looking for the actual fare class -- Orbitz offers the easiest look. Even AirEuropa.com won't show you the fare class before purchase.)
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Now -- if I can get a way to see the fare class before purchasing, that would be awesome.
Try a dummy booking on Orbitz and click on the hyperlink: Show flight and baggage fee details. Orbitz will show the booking code.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:11 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I've had problems with Delta's site before -- doesn't matter what browser or device. It happened some years ago when there must have been an upgrade.

I definitely see that deeply discounted line. Sadly, what I don't see is any Delta MQM credit for fare classes Z, P or N -- all of which are the only cheap fares offered. (For anyone looking for the actual fare class -- Orbitz offers the easiest look. Even AirEuropa.com won't show you the fare class before purchase.)
Correct. I flew Air Europa a couple years ago BCN-PMI on a cheap N fare that earned no Skymiles. They did recognize my Medallion status and I got preferred boarding though.

Google Flights should show you the fare basis including booking class.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:34 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
ITA Matrix, yes, but not Google Flights?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Skymiles Gold
. (Didn't earn Delta MQMs on the PVG-KUL leg as it was operated by Shanghai Airlines, the agent said.)
Hey, you most certainly do earn for Shanghai operated flights. It doesn't even need to be an MU marketed flight to earn. Call back and fight them for that. It's called out on the partner page.

"Eligible Flights: Mileage earn on flights marketed by China Eastern or Shanghai Airlines, operated by China Eastern, Shanghai Airlines or other SkyTeam Partner."

Also, notice that the earnings page is in a few different alphabetical lists, all combined. The first group is tier 1, either DL owns part of the airline or has a JV with them. This group you earn 100% MQM's on all flights. (I've only encountered two instances of fare classes on a flight not in the list, one for GOL and one for KLM). The rest of the list is the rest of SkyTeam and Hawaiian/Westjet, where you earn significantly less of everything. Either fly from the bottom half for the novelty or price, not the DL earnings.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:56 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DavidDTW
Correct. I flew Air Europa a couple years ago BCN-PMI on a cheap N fare that earned no Skymiles. They did recognize my Medallion status and I got preferred boarding though.

Yup. The cheapest UX fares don’t earn SkyMiles, but they do come with airport benefits including priority boarding and lounge access.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Try a dummy booking on Orbitz and click on the hyperlink: Show flight and baggage fee details. Orbitz will show the booking code.
This. Or just book directly through Orbitz or Expedia to be positive you've got a valid booking class. That's what I did last year for an OK (Czech Airlines) flight as OK has the same problem of not showing fare classes on their website.

Also, if there's any way you can book with a KL or AF code, you'll earn 100% MQMs on any standard paid fare. Of course, this probably requires a flight to AMS or CDG.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Zorak
ITA Matrix, yes, but not Google Flights?
Google Flights had a "fare details" button you could click to see the fare basis and rules. I don't see it anymore, and didn't realize that had changed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.