Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Additional seats available during check-in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Additional seats available during check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Question Additional seats available during check-in?

I bought a ticket on the Delta international flight in regular economy on A330-300 departing in just a few days.

Pretty bad seats in the middle of rows 38 and 39 (flying with my wife and kid and these were the only seats that were available together).

Question: can I expect that some additional seats will become available 24 hours before the flight when the check-in begins?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:18 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
Check back often. New empty seats will occasionally show up.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 5:51 am

A select number of decent seats are held back for the gate. Go to the gate or SC early prior to departure and ask if the 3 of you can be seated together.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Watch the seat map CONSTANTLY. Assume you have the app. Keep checking. People move around, cancel, etc.

If you see an aisle and aisle in the middle of same row, grab it. Chances are you the middle person would move elsewhere, especially if that other seat was an aisle or window somewhere.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Doing that. Checking the app several times a day. So far nothing has changed in the past few days - same few middle seats are only shown as available. But thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
I don't recall when DL opens up seats held for elites to non-elites on international flights. Anybody?

And then, post #3 . It seems those seats are most commonly held for those with disabilities or for family seating, however.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 9:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
I don't recall when DL opens up seats held for elites to non-elites on international flights. Anybody?

And then, post #3 . It seems those seats are most commonly held for those with disabilities or for family seating, however.
I don't think they do anymore.

I saw DL selling preferred seats to non-elites during check-in for $35 on an international flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.