Premium Select fare shenanigans

Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:32 am

Programs: DL DM; HH gold
Originally Posted by DLX5
Don't give up.

I found that delta assist at Twitter was more effective. Eventually, they got me to the Skymiles desk and we had an email exchange and they finally understood that I purchase a G fare and I finally got the appropriate 1.5x. This was after numerous phone calls and emails.
+1 Twitter is probably better, as you can DM them a picture of the receipt for the originally booked itinerary, showing G. I would also attach a screenshot of the MQM earning language for GAP fares. What happens after (UG with miles) is irrelevant - you bought a G fare which should earn 150% per DL's own rules, end of story.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by woodenshoe101
+1 Twitter is probably better, as you can DM them a picture of the receipt for the originally booked itinerary, showing G. I would also attach a screenshot of the MQM earning language for GAP fares. What happens after (UG with miles) is irrelevant - you bought a G fare which should earn 150% per DL's own rules, end of story.
I did all this and they are still refusing to give me the 1.5 MQM. A complete scam by DL here. I've got 5 airlines to choose from on this route and next time I know who I won't be choosing.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Honestly, file a DOT complaint (though they often don't tend to involve themselves in FFP issues, but they should still at least forward the complaint properly), and send a letter to the CEO. If you can figure out a dollar value for the MQMs (harder than for RDMs), file a small claims case. At least that way you'll get through to someone with more than half a brain.

The other thing I've found that helps when you encounter incompetence-driven resistance is to walk them through a bunch of leading questions. "How many EQMs would I earn on a G fare"? 150% of the base miles "If I then redeem a SkyMiles award upgrade on that itinerary to DeltaOne, will I still earn 150% EQMs?" Yes.. Ok, can you take a look at my account please...
It wasn't until I did this that I could get an agent to recognize I was way over-charged for a mileage upgrade and attempt to fix it. Worth a try...
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Honestly, file a DOT complaint (though they often don't tend to involve themselves in FFP issues, but they should still at least forward the complaint properly), and send a letter to the CEO. If you can figure out a dollar value for the MQMs (harder than for RDMs), file a small claims case. At least that way you'll get through to someone with more than half a brain.

The other thing I've found that helps when you encounter incompetence-driven resistance is to walk them through a bunch of leading questions. "How many EQMs would I earn on a G fare"? 150% of the base miles "If I then redeem a SkyMiles award upgrade on that itinerary to DeltaOne, will I still earn 150% EQMs?" Yes.. Ok, can you take a look at my account please...
It wasn't until I did this that I could get an agent to recognize I was way over-charged for a mileage upgrade and attempt to fix it. Worth a try...
seems like too much effort for 3K MQM. I just won't fly DL again.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
seems like too much effort for 3K MQM. I just won't fly DL again.
Absolutely your prerogative, although they won't miss you. But if it makes you feel better...
For some people it's about the principle, others are more practical.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by ijgordon

Agree with second part. It wasn't until I could get through to Skymiles desk and explain to them I had purchased a G fare, Not an upgrade, that I was given the 1.5x. They don't seem to listen to what you say a lot of the time.
ijgordon likes this.

Last edited by DLX5; Apr 26, 2019 at 3:48 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How can you contact the Skymiles desk? Calling into the regular line leads to an extremely opaque process. This whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 3:51 pm

I kept pressing my case on twitter. They eventually had the sky miles desk email me, and then the conversation with them began. They finally recognized I had purchased a G fare and gave me the 1.5x And some sky miles for my troubles.
ijgordon likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Generally I don’t think a phone agent will transfer you to the SkyMiles department, but they will liaise back and forth while you’re on the phone. Quite inefficient IMO, and things obviously get lost in translation. But perhaps if you directly insist on communicating directly with someone from skyMiles you can make some headway.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After getting denied via phone and twitter for 2 days all of a sudden the MQMs showed up with no notice. Weird!
ijgordon likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2019, 5:57 am

Thanks for the update
Old Oct 12, 2019, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
I just got off ICN - MSP and the miles already posted and as I feared might happen without the 150% MQM bonus. Same situation as original OP (PS fare upgraded with miles to D1/OY).

Will have to see what can be done (also still need my miles from ICN - BKK on DL flight numbers and SIN - ICN on KE on a B fare which should be another 150% MQM).

I've already got PM for next year but won't get Diamond so extra miles are especially wanted to improve the rollover for re-qual next year
Old Oct 14, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by Duke787
I just got off ICN - MSP and the miles already posted and as I feared might happen without the 150% MQM bonus. Same situation as original OP (PS fare upgraded with miles to D1/OY).

Will have to see what can be done (also still need my miles from ICN - BKK on DL flight numbers and SIN - ICN on KE on a B fare which should be another 150% MQM).

I've already got PM for next year but won't get Diamond so extra miles are especially wanted to improve the rollover for re-qual next year
I made the DTW-ICN hop a few weeks ago on and didn't have any issues getting the 150% MQM bonus.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Duke787
My experience with DL marketed, KE operated flights is that they post correctly about 48-72 hours after the flight. This was much faster than MU operated, which took a full week.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GagaPilot
My experience with DL marketed, KE operated flights is that they post correctly about 48-72 hours after the flight. This was much faster than MU operated, which took a full week.
My KE marketed and operated flight on SIN - ICN posted overnight (with the correct B fare bonus) but my DL marketed, KE operated ICN - BKK flight that happened over a week ago (as part of a single DL marketed RDU - DTW - ICN - BKK ticket) still hasn't posted.

And my effort to get credit for the PS fare on ICN - RDU that was upgraded to D1/F is still ongoing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.