Premium Select fare shenanigans

Reply

Old Apr 16, 19, 11:06 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Programs: Delta DM, AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 297
Couldn't publishing a ticket as one fare class but coding it as another, without the ability to see what the code is, be grounds for false advertisement? I'm by no means a lawyer but it sure seems like it would be. Last year I bought a premium economy K class ticket on Orbitz for a VS flight, credited my miles to Delta, and when it posted I only earned my miles based on VS' second lowest economy fare because it was coded as such. Short of actually calling VS and asking at booking, I had no way of knowing it was an economy coded ticket. Since it was advertised as a K class ticket I assumed I would be getting K class earnings. Nope. I was wrong and after multiple calls to all 3 parties it ended in a stalemate with everyone pointing the finger at the other. Very frustrating to say the least!

OPS
strickerj likes this.
mattya9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:42 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: DL-PM
Posts: 219
I think I am running into similar shenanigans... Have a future flight in PS (seat upgrade after booking), reservation says G class fare (original was X). Trying to upgrade to D1 with miles, but agents are insisting they would need to re-price my itinerary (some say upfare) to be eligible to use miles for upgrade... Anyone have experience with this?
mills1090 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 12:53 pm
  #33  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco
Programs: DL
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by mills1090 View Post
I think I am running into similar shenanigans... Have a future flight in PS (seat upgrade after booking), reservation says G class fare (original was X). Trying to upgrade to D1 with miles, but agents are insisting they would need to re-price my itinerary (some say upfare) to be eligible to use miles for upgrade... Anyone have experience with this?
HUCA. This happened to me, I just told the agent never mind and called back and it was processed correctly.
dlflyer00 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 1:02 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Programs: Yes
Posts: 543
Originally Posted by dlflyer00 View Post


HUCA. This happened to me, I just told the agent never mind and called back and it was processed correctly.
Upgraded to PS via ticket re-issue or FCM offer? I suspect that would make a difference.
xliioper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 1:09 pm
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco
Programs: DL
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by xliioper View Post
Upgraded to PS via ticket re-issue or FCM offer? I suspect that would make a difference.
Technically it was booked as PS, but it was a fare with an underlying economy fare. I donít know if theyíd be significantly different here, but I encountered resistance of the same type.

Sounds like you've tried HUCA in which case Iím not sure if I have any advice.
dlflyer00 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 1:13 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NYC
Programs: Delta DM
Posts: 1,129
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
This could be interpreted to mean that if you have a cheap coach ticket and use miles or a GUC to get an upgrade or even get an OPUP, you will get 150% MQMs or even 200% if the OPUP books into FULL C/J. I don't think this is what DL means and it would be a big change in policy.
You shouldn't be able to get bonus MQMs if an agent rebooks a segment in Y or J. This is when it should go back to the class of service ticketed.

You should, however, get the bonus if you intend on purchasing a certain class of service to enjoy the level of service and the bonus miles regardless of the underlying fare class that may be carrying an immediate upgrade. I would say the controlling factor is intended class of service when booking, not the underlying fare basis.
iflyalexair is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 19, 1:43 pm
  #37  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 81,325
Originally Posted by iflyalexair View Post
You shouldn't be able to get bonus MQMs if an agent rebooks a segment in Y or J. This is when it should go back to the class of service ticketed.

You should, however, get the bonus if you intend on purchasing a certain class of service to enjoy the level of service and the bonus miles regardless of the underlying fare class that may be carrying an immediate upgrade. I would say the controlling factor is intended class of service when booking, not the underlying fare basis.
Of course I agree with you, but my post was about a strict reading of what the DL twitter team said.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 8:55 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,954
Originally Posted by mattya9 View Post
Not everyone has an EF account and one shouldn't have to pay for one just to verify fare codes. Also as I'm doing a dummy booking on DL's website I cannot find anything (short of actually purchasing a ticket) that shows you what the fare code is. An LAX-PVG in premium select is showing "A" class and that's it.

OPS
Normally after you select a flight, on the "Trip Summary" screen before you actually purchase the ticket, there is a section at the bottom:



clicking on the "Fare Rules" link brings up a popup with tabs for "FARE RULE SUMMARY", "FULL FARE RULES", RISK-FREE CANCELLATION", and "REFUND POLICY".

I say "Normally" because I tested it just now (on a couple different routes, and both logged in and not) and the two fare rule tabs are blank, so DL IT at work EDIT: works on another computer, so must be something about my laptop.
Zorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:25 am
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: NYC
Posts: 22,935
Hmm, AA's website shows you all your mileage earning during the booking process (on the payment screen), including RDMs, EQMs, and EQDs, and AA's technology stinks.
That would solve this issue...
ijgordon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:47 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Posts: 1,571
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Hmm, AA's website shows you all your mileage earning during the booking process (on the payment screen), including RDMs, EQMs, and EQDs, and AA's technology stinks.
That would solve this issue...
DL shows this too when you're logged in, but you have to realize in advance that you're going to run into issues with DL and take a screenshot and then remember where it is months later after you've flown.
Zorak likes this.
steveholt is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 9:50 am
  #41  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,954
Originally Posted by ijgordon View Post
Hmm, AA's website shows you all your mileage earning during the booking process (on the payment screen), including RDMs, EQMs, and EQDs, and AA's technology stinks.
That would solve this issue...
DL does too, but only if you're logged in, and only on during the purchase process. Once you buy the ticket the info is lost. (oops, Steve beat me to it. Steve Holt!)

Of course you can usually estimate pretty closely from gcmap distances etc. and appropriate bonuses but that doesn't help in cases where what DL's web site says you should earn differs from what DL's IT thinks you should earn.

UA has an item on upcoming itineraries called "accruals for this trip" where you can look this info up post-purchase, although it is not without glitches either.
Zorak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:07 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Programs: Delta DM, AS MVP Gold 75K
Posts: 297
Delete
mattya9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 10:52 am
  #43  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: KC MO
Programs: Delta. United. IHG. Marriott.
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by dlflyer00 View Post
Twitter conceded that you should indeed get 150% MQM, FWIW, so if anyone else runs into this, maybe try quoting them.



Can you ask them to provide a reference location to your screenshot? I have this but the agents are saying the fare basis says earning is only on S/S/R/R versus S/B/B/R.
SouthernCanada is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:12 am
  #44  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: San Francisco
Programs: DL
Posts: 227
Originally Posted by SouthernCanada View Post
Can you ask them to provide a reference location to your screenshot? I have this but the agents are saying the fare basis says earning is only on S/S/R/R versus S/B/B/R.
I believe the Delta agent was only talking about Delta-marketed, Delta-operated flights; yours looks like MU-operated/marketed?
dlflyer00 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 19, 11:44 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: KC MO
Programs: Delta. United. IHG. Marriott.
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by dlflyer00 View Post


I believe the Delta agent was only talking about Delta-marketed, Delta-operated flights; yours looks like MU-operated/marketed?
If they provide a page reference, I can review their Professional Agent Resources documents. From that, I can verify if this is 100% the case, that this only applies to DL ticketed and DL operated flights.
SouthernCanada is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread