Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta FA asks to cut in line at Customs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta FA asks to cut in line at Customs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by davie355
As a practical matter, to avoid confrontation and to assume the best in others, I always let people cut in line. To rebut the argument that it's "rude" to people behind me, yes in theory it is rude (in some cultures), but in practice, line-cutting is extremely rare, and when it happens, the marginal effect of that one person is trivial. So the rudeness is of no consequence other than offending the moral high ground of some people.
That is my approach too - I am not a confrontational type usually. If the FA was cute/hot I would definitely let her in front of me. That is of course me thinking with the brain in my pants.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:51 pm

Programs: none
When you're important, people will treat you with politeness. When you're really important, you treat others with the politeness you would like.
gungadin and nlkm9 like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by Allan38103
When you're really important, you treat others with the politeness you would like.
You must not have kept up with US Politics since 2016
Old Apr 12, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by davie355
How come the FA didn't have KNOWN status (skipping security altogether by entering through the exit lane)?
Small Canadian airport. No KNOWN lanes.

Last edited by sydneyracquelle; Apr 12, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Canadian airport. No KNOWN lanes.

Actually, there are KNOWN lanes. Most Canadian airports (at least the big 3 that I've visited recently...YYZ, YUL and YVR) have NEXUS-Global Entry-VIP lanes.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:08 pm

Programs: Delta-Million miler
Once I helped an airline (empty flight to take the pane to a certain destination) coax 5 elderly female passengers to take the 2AM unscheduled flight(instead of a 6AM flight) with the promise to these ladies that I would personally make sure that they were put in proper ground transportation (as there were no cell phones in those days) to reach home. Three or four months later, when I found myself in the same airline, the captain recognized me and convinced the gate agent to move me to first class. A good deed does go noticed.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by SFO777

Actually, there are KNOWN lanes. Most Canadian airports (at least the big 3 that I've visited recently...YYZ, YUL and YVR) have NEXUS-Global Entry-VIP lanes.
I believe the OP is referring to Crewmember Access Point /KCM lanes. These bypass security for vetted individuals, and are entirely different from Pre services.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by sydneyracquelle
Canadian airport. No KNOWN lanes.
Canadian security allows uniformed crewmembers to go to the front of the line. It's not always obvious, to me at least, how I'm supposed to get there, though.

YVR has a special door to go through. YYZ, I still haven't figured out yet.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
I believe the OP is referring to Crewmember Access Point /KCM lanes. These bypass security for vetted individuals, and are entirely different from Pre services.
My bad, then.

Originally Posted by LarryJ
Canadian security allows uniformed crewmembers to go to the front of the line. It's not always obvious, to me at least, how I'm supposed to get there, though. YVR has a special door to go through. YYZ, I still haven't figured out yet.
YUL Transborder has a separate CREW lane, to the right of the NEXUS/GE/VIP lane.
laurieb14 likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:21 pm

Im from the school that you are NOT just cutting in front of me, but you are cutting EVERYONE on line. Yes, its one person, but then its another and another and another. Talk about DYKWIA!

If the person who felt they never know when they will see the FA again wants to be magnanimous , then give the FA YOUR place and YOU go to the back of the line!
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:26 pm

I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she had a reason deploy human kindness and let her go

just today as I was getting out of my cab I saw a woman getting out of a car looking frantic with no shoes on. The line was huge to get thru regular security and she was frantically asking people to let her ahead so she could get her flight. People kindly did. I went thru tsa pre which was fast and watched her run to a gate which was closing. Gate agent let her on after a discussion which suprised me. It was a gate agent I knew so I asked what the deal was and learned she had gotten a call that her son was in a terrible accident and had raced to catch the one and only flight to get to him and literally hadn’t even stopped to grab her shoes.

Point being sometimes we just need to be kind and trust that there is a reason a person wants to get ahead of others flight attendant or not
chica and nancypants like this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by awayIgo
If the person who felt they never know when they will see the FA again wants to be magnanimous , then give the FA YOUR place and YOU go to the back of the line!
That is next level dweeby.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by tennessetom
I would give her the benefit of the doubt that she had a reason deploy human kindness and let her go

just today as I was getting out of my cab I saw a woman getting out of a car looking frantic with no shoes on. The line was huge to get thru regular security and she was frantically asking people to let her ahead so she could get her flight. People kindly did. I went thru tsa pre which was fast and watched her run to a gate which was closing. Gate agent let her on after a discussion which suprised me. It was a gate agent I knew so I asked what the deal was and learned she had gotten a call that her son was in a terrible accident and had raced to catch the one and only flight to get to him and literally hadn’t even stopped to grab her shoes.

Point being sometimes we just need to be kind and trust that there is a reason a person wants to get ahead of others flight attendant or not
Is one able to fly without shoes?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The contract of carriage mandates footwear. I expect that an FA offered a spare pair. That kindness thing, again.
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by vincentharris
A little old but once on an international flight arriving back to the US I went to the global entry line and due to lots of flights landing at the same time from different airlines it was a cluster. Everybody would go to the kiosk to get their little print out and then you had to get in line as it was very backed up to see the CBP Officer to go to your bags. While standing in line a DL FA IN UNIFORM came up to me and the interaction was as follows:

FA: Excuse me can i cut in front of you to get in line?

ME: (somewhat baffled) No, it would not be... (i was cut off here from finishing my sentence which was "It would not be fair for me to let you cut in front of everyone behind us")

FA: (quite loudly) FINE, THATS WHY I ASKED!! and then stormed off to the back of the line. (was she just planning to cut in line without asking? )

Honestly I was quite surprised that somebody would be so rude, but I was even more surprised that somebody would A) ask to cut in line in general but especially WHILE IN UNIFORM B) to have an attitude like that when told no, and to cut someone off mid sentence

Thoughts here? To add some extra info to this story multiple pilots and FAs before her all got in line without asking to cut. (DL and others from other airlines too)
I dont think I would refuse a flight attendant---to me that would screw up a lot of people if she/he missed her flight. sometimes it pays to be a nice person, as awful as people tend to be.
jdrtravel and nancypants like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.