Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No more middle seat upgrades!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by defrosted
Now (some of us for now) can do this in advance and manage seat preferences, not just avoid the middle.
Wait, so you're saying Delta is trying to do something helpful for us? Incroyable!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by Zeeb
I agree with you. There are scenarios where I would take a middle in C+. However, 90% of the time I'd rather be in an aisle further back than a middle in C+. So I'm glad they're finally adding the option to opt out. No matter where I'm at in Y an upgrade to first is an upgrade. But "Upgrades" to C+ are highly dependent on where I'm moving from and what my travel situation is. They could solve that by turning C+ in to eurobusiness and always leave the middle open, but there's zero percent chance of that happening as long as they can fill that seat with somebody.
If they can see a value add on revenue by blociking the middle and selling the other 2 as PE it could happen.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daloosh
Wait, so you're saying Delta is trying to do something helpful for us? Incroyable!

Unbelievable indeed.

I am just glad I didn't get the email 10 days ago.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by exwannabe
If they can see a value add on revenue by blociking the middle and selling the other 2 as PE it could happen.
Oh, so like Business class on BA?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriot Plat
I am plat and did not get the email.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:03 pm

Interesting. I am plat and did not receive the email. However, several months ago I noticed the option of window/aisle only for C+ upgrades on the app. I have flown nearly every week since and have only seen it that one or two times. I was wondering what happened to it. Perhaps I was part of a trial at that time and was not aware-

I would be very pleased to see that be the new standard going forward. As I often buy tickets day of or day before the flight, C+ is normally pretty full and I frequently get “upgraded” to a middle seat from my aisle or window seat only a few rows back 😡
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by exwannabe
FCM already has first class less than 1.5x the cost of what they'd sell the last seat in Y for. So I don't see them going that direction unless load factors dropped considerably.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 2:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Lux Flyer
Like business class on shorter flights, for example within the EU (or between the UK and the EU if Brexit actually happens).
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
For once, I might be sitting in C+ (as opposed to the usual basic economy crowd). Got the email, let’s see how it goes!
Originally Posted by Live4Miles
I received email this morning.
I clicked on the only reservation that I have that had potential upgrade and selected the "window" option. Will see what happens.
It seemed to work for me on the first flight, passed the GM upgrade window this morning, I am not upgraded and I checked the seat map and I see an available C+ middle seat.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:09 pm

Programs: Delta Gold
I received this email yesterday. I'm traveling Sunday, so gave it a try. Got an email today that my upgrade to a C+ aisle seat processed. I'm unhappy if I don't have an aisle seat, so would avoid Comfort+ upgrades out of fear of being stuck with a window or middle. For once, Delta makes a change I can appreciate.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's much better. Club Eurofraud leg room is the same as regular Y
Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dtwarea
I received this email yesterday. I'm traveling Sunday, so gave it a try. Got an email today that my upgrade to a C+ aisle seat processed. I'm unhappy if I don't have an aisle seat, so would avoid Comfort+ upgrades out of fear of being stuck with a window or middle. For once, Delta makes a change I can appreciate.
Interesting I wonder how many people will now opt for upgrades that didn't before.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 1:18 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
BA pax wish their "business class" had the legroom of C+! It's normal Y which is 30" on BA.

(KLM euro business has both the extra legroom and blocked middles, a reason to prefer Skyteam)

On topic, this is a cool improvement. I don't request C+ until OLCI because of the chance of being in a middle. If this eventually rolls out to all medallions it would be nice.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:14 am

I received that I was "handpicked" as well yesterday. I don't know if it worked since a few hours later I got upgraded at my window.
Old Apr 17, 2019, 12:13 pm

It has worked on two flights I have taken since they announced it. Both flights I retained my exit row aisle seat when only middle C+ was available. Hopefully they won't screw with it and it remains a positive improvement in their system

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.