Search

Does Delta reuse plastic cups

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by OHDL1
LOL....of course.

Btw....Delta has used funds from inflight recycling to help build some of the 264 Habitat for Humanity houses worldwide.
Do you have a source that the recycling directly from their plastic cups is used to build homes?
Old Apr 11, 2019, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Do you have a source that the recycling directly from their plastic cups is used to build homes?
No and you can't prove cups aren't recycled. All I said is that Delta receives funds for recycling...that some funds have been used
to build HFH homes.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SSF556
Wondering if they really get recycled or maybe they get washed and reused.
MODS can you please change the title ? Very misleading.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:23 am
Formerly known as scootr29
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HMPS
MODS can you please change the title ? Very misleading.
Misleading how?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:05 am

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
The amount they claim that gets recycled seems to be on the low end of things given that it's such a huge airline. It's great of what they do do, but I personally don't do the pre-flight drinks in FC and if in coach try to just drink from the can/reuse my cup.

I often take my recyclables like newspapers, bottles, etc into the airport for recycling containers there.

I've often wonder what the behind the scenes is with the waste, is stuff sorted, food wastes composted, or even the collected recyclables just tossed into the trash.

Using less really is the best solution.

I think there's lots of room for reducing without losing out on the quality, like KLM's amenity bags are locked with a little plastic (organic string would be even better!) tab vs a plastic bag that Delta and most airlines bags come in. I'd accept paper pillow/blanket bags, as well as food covers, snack bags, etc.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:47 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by NOLAnwGOLD

I've often wonder what the behind the scenes is with the waste, is stuff sorted, food wastes composted, or even the collected recyclables just tossed into the trash.
Not specific to DL, but some geographical locations and some waste companies have whats called "single stream" where essentially all trash gets sorted at the depot. Others have single stream recycling which is the same thing but only items put in recycling are sorted at the depot. In addition some waste companies will only recycle certain items (even if you throw everything "recyclable" into the recycling bin) For example almost all glass is no longer recycled since it costs more to recycle then create new glass and sand is plentiful hence why recycling is rare now with glass.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:54 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by SSF556
Misleading how?
I thought the original contained the word recycle....perhaps that were in many posts ! Apologies if this was your original title.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 7:27 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Ive been told, due to Trump's Tariff, International recyclers are no longer purchasing plastic recyclable materials from the US. Not sure if this is applicable to those recycled by Delta.

Jiburi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.