Wiki Posts
Search

SkyClub agents are powerless

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:40 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

SkyClub agents are powerless

SkyClub agents used to (circa 2016) be empowered to issue miles/cash vouchers for IROPS, and generously, too. I got 20,000 miles from an agent at SLC, for instance.

Thsse days, they seem completely powerless. They can’t issie meal vouchers for the longest delays, they can’t issue hotel vouchers without getting a redcoat, they can’t issue compensation at all.

why has their autonomy been removed?

what benefit is there now to addressing issues at the Club?

FFS, the other day at LGA an agent told me they could help me change a flight and to call the Platinum line.

I’ve been told to leave the club and go seek out a redcoat in the terminal several times now for issue resolution.

Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Got hotel and meal vouchers issued in SLC SC just last month. No need to get a redcoat.

Never have had an issue getting rebooked. Generally always do it in SC unless I do it online.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 3:14 pm

Having been exposed to the magical powers of the CO President’s Club staff I would have to agree. SkyClub agents have been reduced to glorified club credential checkers that blurt out WiFi passwords, your name and gate to the listening audience in the club.

I’ve found more support by phoning the Diamond Medallion line a few feet away then asking the SkyClub to print the Diamond line fixes, yet sometimes you need feet on the ground to issue hotels and meals.

Recently had a DTW IRROP and had to walk them thru how to issue a Diamond a Westin room -vs- the Days Inn. Most DTW staff didn’t even know that was possible, including a red coat at the ticket counter I sought after the SC agent botched the hotel voucher.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Got hotel and meal vouchers issued in SLC SC just last month. No need to get a redcoat.
Earlier this year I got stuck in SLC for 6 hours after the aircraft making up my onward SLC-SMF flight was struck by lightning on the way into SLC and was taken out of service. Thus, 180 people had to rebook. I had an upgrade that was seemingly lost.

One of the concierges in the SLC SkyClub was fantastic and got me a confirmed F seat on the next available flight. This, however, seems to be a fading benefit of SC membership.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Hmmmmm, I’m not seeing this. Three times this year I have had issues from IROPS that became complicated and agents in theee different SCs (DCA, SFO, and MSP) fixed the problem and in two cases issued vouchers.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:20 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
My DCA SC agents got me on a flight that was no longer even listed (had left the gate and returned owing to lightning). Meanwhile people at the gate were given short shrift.
puck021 and SDQBound like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, DL PL
I feel like DTW is the worst, in my experience. Several weeks ago a plantinum line supervisor (super nice!) made a change to my ticket so I can get into SJC instead of SFO, which was much convenient for me. But for some reason the ticket was not reissued. But I did a have a seat assignment and event got upgraded. Landed in DTW and went to the club to get the boarding pass. DTW C club agent tried to educate me, saying the ticket could not be reissued. She tried to bring it back to SFO and said no I cannot change my destination. And she called, alerted me and wasted me 30 minutes at the front desk even though I said plantinum line supervisor made that change.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Originally Posted by Ysitincoach
snip

Recently had a DTW IRROP and had to walk them thru how to issue a Diamond a Westin room -vs- the Days Inn. Most DTW staff didn’t even know that was possible, including a red coat at the ticket counter I sought after the SC agent botched the hotel voucher.
Ooh, do tell. Haven't (yet) been stuck in DTW due to irrops but would definitely rather have the Westin.

p.s. Have posted this before, but last time DW and I had to get a hotel due to IRROPS it was in ATL. We were told to go find one of those customer service areas, scan BP, and it would spit out a hotel voucher. I did, and got something similar to Days Inn. So for fun she scanned her BP and got a voucher for the airport Hilton.
strickerj and dmarge18 like this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles Diamond Medallion
I haven't been stuck with IROPS at all in the two years since I switched from UA to DL thankfully (FTR, I was a 1K that status matched to DL Plat and made Diamond so I'm not a light flier), but I can say that SC agents have been fully able to fix any issues I have had including the time my paid F seat was somehow unassigned from me and assigned to an upgrader.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:52 pm

I had an IRROPS last summer ATL-MUC. A SC agent re-booked ATL-FCO-MUC and upgraded me to First/One on both segments.

Powerless?
griffy208 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:13 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Last time I was in the SAN Skyclub, the agent told me to call Reservations because they don't handle (minor) ticket changes. After that and the general downhill slide of that Skyclub, I took a second 25k Skymiles as my Choice Benefits pick instead of Skyclub access. Miles are worth more than Skyclub access when the one in your home airport sucks.
DiverDave likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TommyD2
Ooh, do tell. Haven't (yet) been stuck in DTW due to irrops but would definitely rather have the Westin.

p.s. Have posted this before, but last time DW and I had to get a hotel due to IRROPS it was in ATL. We were told to go find one of those customer service areas, scan BP, and it would spit out a hotel voucher. I did, and got something similar to Days Inn. So for fun she scanned her BP and got a voucher for the airport Hilton.
DM/HVC are entitled to the Westin at DTW. Anyone else gets whatever the system gives. However not all agents know this. More than once ive jad to take my voucher for whatever jumk hotel, go up to checkin, and get an agent to change it to the Westin. SC/desks inside international arrivals are the two places I've had good luck getting right off the bat. It was here I learned about getting the Westin. Flight landed late from PVG. Jad been rebooked already and hotel voucher issued. Agent was horrified when Days inn printed out instead of Westin. Called a number and chewed them out about not sending a DM/HVC to Westin.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
It depends on the location and agent... yes some are notably worse unfortunately. In general I still get good service from SC agents, but I have to agree I've seen more that are unhelpful or not knowledgeable on how to utilize the system and do things they should. I wonder if the new SNAP interface has make it more difficult? Do they still have the old text interface available there?
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/3.4 MM, DLAmex Plat, PC Plat, MR Gold, HH Diamond, National Exec Elite, Hertz Gold 5*
The staff in FLL SC is always superb. Have rebooked me while I was driving to the airport when my original itin was delayed. I've never asked for comp, just their assistance.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: DL SM, DL Amex Plat, Hilton Silver
Should SC agents in theory be empowered to sell seats/upgrades as a GA would? Or is that under the GA's purview within X hours from departure? This would be at JFK SC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.